Dizzy After Cleaning Nose After 6 Days Post Septoplasty?

I had Septoplasty 6 days ago and went for my follow up appoinment today he says he's happy enough and that am free to go but to come back to him in 3 months (only) if am not happy, anyway when I got back home decided I would clear abit of my nose to relieve congestion but next thing I know I got a dizzy spell am just wondering if that is normal? Thanks

Dizziness after surgery

+1

This may be due to dehydration.  Usually blood loss is not that much with septoplasty and this would be an unlikely cause.  If you have persistent episodes, you need to have it worked up by your surgeon or primary care doctor.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Septoplasty

+1
Personally unless my patients are from out of state I prefer to do follow up for weeks post surgery and then monthly. Six days post surgery and then told to come back three months later only if unhappy seems to be lacking in follow up care. I would make an appointment sooner and contact your surgeons office with your questions and concerns. I am always available to answer any questions for my patients. I am not sure how you cleared your nose but it is best to let your surgeon do the cleaning? Do not put anything in your nose smaller then your elbow is an old saying! Leave that to your surgeon have him clean your nose. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD