Is a Classic 1940's Natural Look with Breast Augmentation Possible with my Frame?

I have "deflated" breasts due to frequent weight gain and loss over the years. I am 5'2 inches, 130 pounds. I am deflate with a wide breast profile. Right now, my measurement is either 36B or 38B. My doctor suggested to regain my youthful look plus a little bit more that it might take would be somewhere 350 to 400 cc's. I do not like how "round" and unnatural that they seem. I would prefer if possible to have a more natural "bombshell" of the 1940's. Is this possible?

Responsible answer to many questions requires examination

+1

Hi there-

It will not be possible for me to responsibly answer your question without knowing more about your goals and performing a careful examination...

Your best bet is always going to be to find a surgeon you like and trust and carefully communicate your goals- then listen carefully to their recommendations and the rationale for them.

Bombshell look?

+1

Without an exam it is impossible to guess what would be best for you.  Everyones anatomy is so different and this significantly impacts the choice.

I Want A "1940's Classic Breast Augmentation"

+1

Dear Classiclook,

As you may have gathered, without photos and an examination, it is impossible for us to answer your question with any accuracy. I would recommend a thorough examination and I would ask you detailed questions about your expectations. If you have any photos that depict the "classic 1940's augmentation", then please bring them to your consultation. We have many photos on our web site and here in our office. I offer complimentary consultations in our Twin Cities office and surgery center. We are about 2 hours from the Brainerd area. Please feel free to call my office to schedule an appointment at your convenience. Good luck.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

The 1940's Natural Breast Looks

+1

Dear ClassicLook,

Unfortunately, without photos and physical examination, it is not possible to provide you with a solid answer.

I believe that you should seek a consultation with a board certified surgeon of extensive experience to share with him/her what you like to accomplish as they will guide you well to make an informed decision.

Usually, silicone implants placed under the muscle are the most common way to achieve the closest look to "Natural 1940's Look".

I would like to invite you to visit my website/breast augmentation section and take a look at the before/after photos as you will find a case very similar to yours; you will be able to have a more concrete idea of what to expect.

I hope this helped.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Shaped, anatomical silicone gel implants can offer a more natural look for breast augmentation.

+1

It is impossible to give you a definite answer without photos or having seen you in the plastic surgery office.

However, shaped, anatomical silicone gel implants can offer a more natural look.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implants for Me?

+1

without direct examination and a full communication of your goals is not possible to give you meaningful advice.

If I were seeing you in consultation, I would ask that you clarify what you mean by a “classic 1940  look”. My concern is that terms such as these may mean different things to different people. Therefore, I would ask that you bring in “goal pictures” of what you would like to achieve. It is also helpful to view pictures of breasts that you feel are too small or too big… Viewing goal pictures without clothing are most helpful.

I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "huge and fake” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

After direct examination and a full communication of  your goals, it is likely that your plastic surgeon will be able to provide you with some guidelines as to what size/profile/ type of breast implants  will most likely help achieve your goals.

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,   I suggest that you allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  In my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.