Puffy Pubic Area 2 Yrs After Full Tummy Tuck?

I'm not small person. Had full spare tire removed to fit more comfortable in my clothes. I'm very happy with the results. I've noticed my pubic area mound as I've seen it called on here seems to have a bulge.Where my zipper on my pants is really loose. Sometimes it even gathers like my zipper doubles over from there being no fat there but right below it is the mound. Pants fit fine on waist, hips and I've been cursed w the flat butt. But seems like my pubic area now looks weird and puffy.

Excess fat in the pubic area can be unveiled by an abdominoplasty.

+1

If you feel there is too much fat in the pubic area, this is probably identified for the first time after abdominoplasty. This can be corrected with liposuction under local anesthesia.

Pubic Lift vs. Liposuction after Tummy Tuck

+1

It is very common to have a residual full pubic region after a larger tummy tuck. This puffiness can be improved after a tummy tuck by either liposuction alone or liposuction with a small pubic lift. It would just depend on whether this is any residual loose skin which often there is not.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Improvement of “Puffy” Pubic Area?

+1

It is not unusual for the pubic area to be an area of concern. This area may be large ( prominent) , ptotic (low), or deflated.    How to best address your specific concerns will depend on physical examination. Generally, treatment will involve excision of excess/ ptopic skin plus or minus liposuctioning.  Often this area is treated  during tummy tuck surgery.
I would suggest in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Pubic Puffiness

+1

It's not uncommon in patients who are a bit overweight to have a fatty collection in the pubic area and for it to persist after the tummy tuck if it's not contoured with liposuction at the time of the procedure. Sometimes weight is gained or fat is redistributed after the tummy tuck and a small fat collection can get larger or fat can build up in new areas. That would explain your problem if it's progressed since the surgery.  In either case you may be a candidate for a relatively minor procedure to contour the area with liposuction. If the skin is very loose there, some additional skin removal could be needed to get the best result. Without a picture it's impossible to give a more accurate reply.

Gregory J. Stagnone, MD

Fullness in the mons area after an abdominoplasty

+1

Having puffiness in this mons or suprapubic region after surgery is not unusual.  I usually address this area at the time of the initial surgery.  At this point you may be a candidate for liposuction of this zone.  Photos would be helpful.   If there is excess skin then a skin excision and a mons lift may be indicated.  

Puffy pubic area after tummy tuck

+1

The pubic area can be quite full for some, especially after excessive weight gain and loss. Even after tummy tuck the pubic area might require a lift, or liposuction tailored the the pubic puffiness to flatten things out. It is not swelling after two years, but a fix can be worked out.

Tummy tuck

+1

Pubic swelling is very typical after a tummy tuck, often for months.  At two years, I would suggest evaluation for a pubic lift

Neal Goldberg, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon