Is 500cc saline under the muscle to large or small?

Im 5'8 and rib size is 34 and wt 160. Current cup size is anywhere from A to B but very deflated from weight loss and previously a size D when overweight. Would 500 cc implants look right? I want to be a DD and be filled out again. I am naturally curvy and am afraid that 500's will not meet the cut and leave me small up top.

Avoid large implants

+1
At size 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. To go from a size A or B to a DD would require 300 to 400 cc implants. If you attempted 500 cc implants they would extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. Since you have a deflated look with weight loss, you need a simultaneous lift. I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Size

+1
Thank you for your question.  It is important to seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Measurements should be done at your consultation along with the opportunity to try on implants.  These things should help you decide what size is right for you.

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

+1
Dear Sarah,
There is probably a range of implant sizes that will look "right" on you, including 500cc.  Consultation with an American Board of Plastic Surgery board certified plastic surgeon can better guide you and define the size implant that fits your body characteristics and goals.  In general, 500cc is a very large implant and will likely provide the DD cup size that you desire.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Is 500cc saline under the muscle too large or small?

+1

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height,
and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without seeing photos, examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

500 cc breast implants are large

+1

Thank you for your question.  I concur with others that it is very important that you seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has an excellent local reputation for breast surgery.

During your consultation biometric measurements of your breast and chest should be done and used to estimate an appropriate size of breast implant for you.  In addition a breast implant sizing system similar to 1 provided by Mentor is another good option to estimate the size of breast implant that you should have.  Finally in the privacy of your own home you can do the Rice test which is described in the article which is link below.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

+1

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural”  or “DD cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.