I Have Been on Claravis (accutane) for 6weeks, if I Stop Now Can I Have Rhinoplasty Sept 14? (photo)

Help!!! I have been wanting the Rhinoplasty for years and didn't know this would/could be an issue!?

Accutane and elective surgeries

+2

While the half-life of Accutane is shown to be less than 48 hours (meaning the majority of the medication is out of your system within this timeframe) the medical standard is not to perform most elective surgical procedures for a minimum of 6 months after stopping Accutane. While not all physicians follow this standard, many do. It is best to consult your specific plastic surgeon who will be performing your Rhinoplasty to discuss the situation.