Can a Circumferential Tummy Tuck Improve Results from Inverted T Tuck?

Can a circumferential tummy tuck be done on a patient that had the inverted t tummy tuck with lipo with unsatisfactory results?  I believe if i had known of the circumferential tummy tuck i would have saved a huge amount of money and saved myself from suffering with regret, disappointment, unhappiness, and having to pay more to redo what ended up being the wrong procedure for me... Thanks.

Disappointment with Vertical T (Fleur deLis) Tummy Tuck

+2

Without any "Before" pictures it is really impossible to critically comment on which procedure would have been a better choice your you.

However, I can tell you that doing a Belt Lipectomy / Lower Body Lift (to which you refer as "circumferential tummy tuck" would NOT have been cheaper than your tummy tuck. After all, this operation is a combination of = Tummy Tuck + Lateral Thigh lifts (both sides) + Butt lift. It takes longer and is much more involved than just a Tummy Tuck.

As to the question of should you have a Fleur de Lis (Vertical T) Tummy Tuck or not? That again would depend on how you looked before the surgery. Did you have a midline scar or not? Were you worried about excess skin remaining on your sides? etc.

Without knowing what exactly you wish to be corrected, I cannot advise you to have any other procedures.

360 BODY LIFT CAN ELIMINATE "DOG EARS", EXCESS SKIN AND FAT AROUND THE HIPS

+1

It is unfortunate that you did not receive the results you were wanted from from your inverted T tummy tuck and liposuction. Reconstructive surgury is a big financial and emotional investment. 

If the region you dislike is over your hip region and just underneath your belly button and perhaps your buttocks then a 360 body lift would be your best alternative.

Repeating an inverted T tummy tuck would not be advisable. A 360 body lift would be a much better procedure for you because it will eliminate the dog ears, excess skin and fat around your hips as well as the upper buttock. 

It will also raise and slightly flatten the buttock.

Thank you,

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

Improvement after Inverted T tummy tuck

+1

Hi there-

I'm very sorry to hear you are not happy with your outcome.

As others have stated, without understanding what you looked like before, it is difficult to evaluate your outcome.

It does look like you would benefit from a revision procedure, if only to remove the dog-ears at either end of the horizontal incision- and it may be that a formal buttock lift (the posterior aspect of a lower body lift is in your best interests.

You best be is to find a surgeon you like and feel you can trust and visit for a consultation. I'm sure your first surgeon would also appreciate the opportunity to make you happy.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Circumferential tummy tuck and belt lipectomy

+1

I wish we had some "before" photos as well as "after" photos of you from the side and the back, but judging from your "front" view, it appears that either an extended tummy tuck or a full circumferential tummy tuck would give you an excellent shape and sillohuette.I would also revise your bellybutton...make it smaller. Time will tell how the midline scar turns out. We use laser to help remodel the collagen in tummy tuck scars.

Burr Von Maur, MD

Liposuction rather than circumferential tummy tuck may get rid of love handles.

+1

Hi.

Very hard to advise you with just the one picture. Further surgery will not help the front of your abdomen. Liposuction may correct the bulges on the sides, or you may need skin taken out also ( the back half of circumferential tummy tuck).

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Circumferential tummy tuck to improve results

+1

You might be slightly unrealistic. It would help to see photos of your before appearance. Otherwise I would excise the lateral dog ears and call it a day.

From MIAMI

Circumferential TT vs inverted T tummy tuck

+1

As Dr. Placik said, it is unfortunate that you are unhappy with your results. We don't know what you looked like preop but I will assume that you had massive weight loss since those are usually the patients who may need the inverted T incision pattern. The other is the patient who has already had a vertical abdominal scar form some other surgery. If that was the case, you have a very acceptable result other than still having a little flank fat which could easily be suctioned out. So, I am not sure why you now think you needed a circumferential lift? Your red scars will fade and otherwise you look quite good.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Transitioning from full horizontal/vertical tummy tuck to circumferential body lfit.

+1

It is truly unfortunate that you are unhappy with your results. Of course it is difficult to ascertain if this was the proper procedure for you given the fact that I am reviewing one post operative photograph. Your results appear reasonable. A circumferential lift would improve the appearance of your dog ears as well as remove extra skin from the outer thighs, upper buttocks and lower back. It would do little to change the appearance of the front of your torso at this point. Meet with a plastic surgeon to discuss your expectations and if they can be achieved with more surgery.