What is a Reasonable Amount of Exercise After a Thigh Lift and Buttocks Lift?

I had an inner thigh lift and buttocks lift on December 13th. I'm happy with the results so far, but am really concerned about not being able to workout. What is a reasonable amount and type of exercise that can be done at 3 weeks post surgery? Prior to surgery I was doing Crossfit 3-4 times a week and running about 12 miles per week. I was very fit and I'm concerned about keeping my muscle tone and not gaining weight.

+1
6 weeks is usually when I tell my patients they can resume exercising although it differs among patients. Consult with your plastic surgeon as he/she knows your history best and can provide the most personalized advice.

Post Thigh and Butt Lift Exercising

+1

Thank you for your question. Enter into exercise very slowly, and discuss this with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon as they know what was done, and your risk profile. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Exercise & Body Contouring

+1
At 6 weeks postop it is safe to resume exercise.  By this time the wounds have healed enough to withstand the stretching.  This does not mean that you are fully recovered, will not get swelling or discomfort.  I typically tell patients to ease into their regular routine and see how their body responds. If you get a lot of swelling or pain, then I would back off until you body tells you it is ok to go forward.  This is a general rule of thumb that should keep you safe. All the best.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after Thigh and Butt Lift

+1

I typically do not allow my patients to do much in the way of exercise after thigh lifts for 6 weeks, because the incisions always tend to open.