I Want Cheek and Chin Lipo Done and Also Tummy Lipo. Suggestions? (photo)

I am 22 years old and 5'5. I have been at a steady weight of 145 lbs for many many years. I would work out, and be on diets and no matter what, i can not lose my tummy fat! I had a chin reduction one year ago and I would like to get the extra fat off of my chin and my cheeks. In my tummy area, i only want my lower abdomen gone. I heard if i were to gain weight after lipo, it will go to a different body part. Since my thighs are the next fattiest part on my body, will the fat travel there?Costs?

Liposuction for Abdomen and Cheek and Chin

+2

For tummy liposuction, I recommend that you have the entire abdomen treated (from below the breast line, all the way into the pubic area. I had a patient who had gotten only lower abdomen liposuction in the distant past and she came in with a very fat upper stomach and a flat lower stomach. It looked pretty funny. If you gain a lot of weight after liposuction, then you will still increase in size all over - but yes, you may preferentially gain weight in the areas that were not treated. I would be careful with chin and cheek liposuction - the outcome may not be great. Plus, I think your face looks beautiful from the photos.

Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Abdominal Liposuction and Chin Reduction

+2

You are an excellent candidate for abdominal liposuction as your skin is of good quality and will shrink down quite well. It is not completely proven that if one gains weight, fat will go to a different body part. In some patients that appears to be true but not for everyone. When it comes to your chin that is not a liposuction issue. You have the classic sequelae of having the bone reduced but the soft tissue does not follow what happened to the bone. The chin can only be reduced by a submental tuck where skin and fat is excised. Any effort at liposuction will only make it look worse. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

I Want Cheek and Chin Lipo Done and Also Tummy Lipo. Suggestions?

+1

Yes to all your concerns. But better to seek IN PERSON examinations from a boarded PSs in your area. 

Liposuction of Face & Abdomen

+1

Having residual localized fat with good skin elasticity after generalized weight loss is the ideal indication for liposuction. As this appears to be your case, your abdomen should do exceptionally well. As for the chin, since you have had chin surgery, further reduction will probably be difficult and liposuction will not usually work. You should also be very careful with liposuction of the cheeks, as this can cause significant problems as you continue to age.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

+1

Liposuction to your abdomen can certainly be performed.  In general, the next most fatty areas will grow if one gains weight.  Chin liposuction will not help in your case.  I would discourage you from any cheek liposuction as well.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA