How Do I Find a Local Doctor That Specializes in Sculpting Calves and Ankles?

I'm of a healthy weight but I have always had huge calves and ankles. I'm having a hard time finding a doctor near Cincinnati OH that specializes in working on calves and ankles (I understand it's a difficult area to work on). I want to find someone that will tell me the best procedure for the best outcome and have confidence in their experience. I'm willing to travel a couple of hours in any direction to find someone I trust. How do I find the right doctor besides scheduling a hundred consultations?

Calves and ankles liposuction can give major improvement.

+1

Hi.

1)  You are right that not a lot of plastic surgeons do a lot of these, but there are many women who would benefit. They are some of the most grateful patients.  And it is not that hard.  You just need tiny cannulas and a good eye.

2)  Hard to give you helpful advice.  You will just get generalizations from the societies.   Your best bet is to find someone for whom liposuction is a big part of his or her practice.  Such a surgeon will very likely treat ankles well.

Find the right liposuction doctor

+1

Thank you for asking about the right doctor for calf and ankle sculpting liposuction.

• No one specializes in this liposuction alone. You want someone well trained.
  • Go to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website and searching for Board Certified Plastic Surgeons near you.
  • Call the offices of 3 plastic surgeons who appeal to you. Ask if they specialize in cosmetic plastic surgery You will get the best advice.Hope this helps. Best wihses

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

+1

Liposuction in general is a technique and surgeon dependent procedure in which significant results without contour issues are achieved by few.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction of the Calves

+1

Like most any other surgical procedures, you should find a surgeon that performs a good volume of those cases. These can be challenging cases with prolonged recovery.Iif you are informed, well prepared, and under the care of a surgeon experienced in this anatomical area, you should obtain a satisfactory result with minimum risk. Good luck.

Gus Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the ankles and calves is tricky.

+1

Liposuction is generally fairly straightforward. In the ankle and calf region is somewhat more tricky because of the anatomy and the propensity for prolonged postoperative swelling.

Cankle Liposuction

+1

There are many plastic surgeons that perform calf and ankle (cankle) liposuction. This is not a hard or difficult procedure, it just requires the use of small cannulas and careful eye for removing fat around the ankles and lower calfs that can create a good shape. Expect that the swelling in the ankle area will persist for months but most every patient that I have ever done ends up with much improved results.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Finding Plastic Surgeon?

+1

It will be up to you to do your due diligence in the process of plastic surgeon selection. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.