Is filler safe for the areas under the cheeks for loose skin around the chin? (photos)

Hi, I had juvederm voluma for my cheeks which I love. you can see when I smile the cheeks looks nice. When I do not smile, there are pockets around the corners of my mouth and saggy chin. I was hoping the lift in my cheeks would also lifts this lower face area. Will filler plump up the area that has the pouches and even lower side of the face? recommendations? Note, I have had juvederm XC in the marrionette lines but it does not seem to make much of a difference. I am only 43 years old.

Betterfacial volume but still not enough

+2
Yes, you would be even happier with more filler to the affected areas. You may wish to combine this with several treatments with Pelleve to tighten the sagging skin.

Sculptra for Thin Facial Frame

+2
Hi CL.  You appear to  be a thin person.  In many cases with a thin facial structure, we use Sculptra to provide volume.  Voluma is good, Perlane is a good option and we love Radiesse, but nothing we have used provides more natural volume (it's your own collagen)  than Sculptra.  Sculptra provides excellent volume in the cheeks, and can firm up and get the lift in the jowel area you are looking for.  It brings the facial volume back upward where it used to be.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Filler in your cheeks may help to lift the jowl slightly.

+1
Filler in your cheeks may help to lift the jowl slightly. A small amount of filler along your jawline may help jowls to appear less dramatic. 

A small amount of Botox to the DAO can assist in lifting the corners of your mouth. 

A consultation with an expert injector will help to give you a more accurate assessment. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Filler safe for loose skin

+1
Filler is indeed safe although somewhat specific in its use. Juvederm Ultra or Ultra Plus is meant for line lines and wrinkles. Voluma, also called Juvederm Voluma is indicated for restoring volume to the upper cheeks. There are also other fillers or use. It would appear from the photograph that you need additional volume to your upper cheeks. This will help significantly to restore the fullness to your cheek and reduce the sagging which you mention. Eventually you may want to do a lift or some other procedure.

Richard O. Gregory, MD

Is filler safe for the areas under the cheeks for loose skin around the chin?

+1
Add the Voluma to area you do not like. I find most are under treating with Voluma. I am doubling the amount used and seeing wonderful results.... 

Cheeks

+1
You are talking about the liquid face lift. The answer is yes you van fill this areas and create a fuller younger face without actually lifting the skin. However, the best results may be with a face lift.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD