Abnormal Eyelid Position After Levator Resection? (photo)

I had a levator resection (L eye) on May 23, 2013. I saw my Dr. 1 week post-op and he had no concerns. In my opinion, it looks over-corrected (more so in person) especially when I am not looking straight ahead. I also can't close my left eye completely. I am still a bit swollen so the contour is off, but I'm concerned that the muscle might've been tightened too much. If so, will it feel less tight as I recover? If not, is swelling responsible for the asymmetry on downward gaze?

Abnormal Eyelid Position After Levator Resection?

+2

You are ONLY a few weeks after surgery. Please ALLOW at least 3 months of healing before becoming so concerned! 

Abnormal Eye

+2

With only a few weeks since your surgery, it is too early to judge the result. In my past, some patients get a lid lag following corrective surgery that is unavoidable. Discuss this with your surgeon. With more time and scar maturation, this may lessen or disappear. All the best

Is it me or did your eye color change from brown to blue in these photos?

+2

One week is very early after surgery.  The right upper eyelid has relaxed down which is to be expected when unilateral upper eyelid ptosis surgery is performed.  It appears that the lid is a bit short and considering how little ptosis surgery you had, this is not really expected.  If your surgeon was not an oculoplastic surgeon but was a facial plastic surgeon or general plastic surgeon, I would recommend considering a second opinion if eye comfort becomes a problem.   It would not be surprising if things look and feel much better on their own over the next few weeks.

Wait till September 2013!

+1

You need to wait. The lid will probably come down a little, but in some cases may actually move up further. Send your pictures again in September 2013!

Montreal Facial Plastic Surgeon