Will Cigna Pay for Gastric Bypass Surgery Again?

I had surgery about five years ago due to some family problems and being stressed out I have gained most of the weight back I lost. I would like to have another surgery soon because my knees ar starting to hurt again. Do you know if Cigna will cover the surgery again? I heard they would but I wanted to be sure.

Revision of gastric bypass surgery insurance coverage

Most insruance companies if they do not have an exclusion for bariatric surgery will cover revision and subsequent bariatric surgical procedure but this is variable among insurance companies.  I recommend seeking out an experienced bariatric revision surgeon and then have them investiagte coverage for you absed on their findings.

Does insurance pay for revisions?

Anytime you are considering a revision, you also have to consider what type of policy you have with your insurance carrier.  If you don t know where to start you may consider visiting with a weight loss surgeon and explore your options for a revision or re-operation and the office staff may help you find out if your insurance will cover a revision.