I Had 2 Cigarettes and 2 Beers 9 Days After Rhinoplasty, Will This Affect My Results?

now I'm really scared.

You may be okay but see your surgeon to make sure

+1
It's extremely important that patients avoid the use of alcohol and nicotine before and after surgery since this substance inhibits the recovery process. You should not drink or smoke in the three weeks leading up to the nose job operation and for another three weeks afterward. If you aren't suffering any side effects as a result of your actions, then it might be okay. However, you should check with your surgeon if you're really worried.

Smoking and Drinking after Surgery

+1

Probably no reason to be “really scared”;  I would not suggest further smoking/ alcohol use until cleared by your plastic surgeon.

Drinking and Smoking After Rhinoplasty...Not Recommended

+1

Hi Bobby,

Meet me at the pub for a few and we'll discuss it.   Better to not smoke and drink than to be "worried".  Your cigs and beer will likely have no effect, but it would be a good idea to wait until you have fully recovered from your surgery before your resume unhealthy behavior.  Discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon. Good luck and be well.

Cheers,

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Beer and Cigarettes after rhinoplasty

+1

Smoking two cigarettes and drinking two cans or bottles of beer nine days after rhinoplasty in and of themselves should have no adverse effect on your outcome.  Continued smoking however releases products of tobacco combustion in larger amounts, which impair wound healing functions and increase the chance of complications.  

Steve Laverson, MD

+1

I wouldn't think either of those would have any impact on the Rhinoplasty results but you should ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon as he/she's in charge of your post op care.

Smoking and alcohol post-op

+1

Smoking and drinking during the immediate post op period can affect your healing and swelling. Having said that, this amount will probably not cause disastrous results but it is definitely not a good idea. Also avoid being around second hand smoke for at least the first month. A more important factor would be if you were a regular smoker prior to your procedure then your healing capabilities are significantly diminished. Avoid this behavior for best results.

Von Graham, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Beers

+1

Probably not a good idea. However, i doubt hat a rare smoke or beer will really effect the overall outcome of your rhinoplasty

David A. Bray, Sr., MD