Weird dent after rhinoplasty: is it normal? (Photo)

Its been 6 months since I had rhinoplasty and i have sort of something that looks like a dent. I asked my doctor awhile back what it was and he said it was swelling but when i asked him he looked offended. So im not sure if he just said that to cover himself up or if it really is swelling and will go away.

Weird dent at 6 months after rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question!

It is understandable that you are a concerned with what you feel especially with the "weird dent" on your nose. Changes after rhinoplasties change with every patient hence the possibility of explaining what you are experiencing.

Unfortunately, with the pictures posted, the lack of surgical details and the inability to perform a physical exam it is not possible to provide you with a definitive answer that could be medically sound.

Nonetheless, it is way to early to pass a judgement. Usually, a year is required before formulating how your nose will be. Even then, your nose will keep shaping itself and to complement your face for better results in the years to come.

My best recommendations at the moment is to be patient, allow nature to take its course and edema subsides for better results. There is no doubt that once the swelling subsides, more definition and shape will be achieved and you should be happier with the results.

Also, it is important that you keep communicating with your surgeon and work as a team together to achieve the best results possible.

Congratulations on your surgery and please remain positive!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS