Weird dent after rhinoplasty: is it normal? (Photo)

Its been 6 months since I had rhinoplasty and i have sort of something that looks like a dent. I asked my doctor awhile back what it was and he said it was swelling but when i asked him he looked offended. So im not sure if he just said that to cover himself up or if it really is swelling and will go away.

Weird dent after rhinoplasty: is it normal?

+1
It is always difficult to assess without the benefit of an exam and without knowing what the nose looked like before surgery.

Los Angeles, CA.....

Dent post rhinoplasty

+1
Thank you for the photo though a full examination is needed.  From the photo it does not appear to be swelling so I would go for a second opinion with a specialist or go back to the original surgeon and in a non confrontational fashion ask him what is going on.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon