How Long Before the Final Results Will Happen/settle After Silicon Under Muscle Breast Augmentation?

5' 7.5"&130-135lbs 45 yrs old. Wanted moderate/natural look. Had been debating 2 sizes (397 R&371 L due to size diff & other was 339 in both-as the cc's were too far apart to clear up size diff&made it the opposite way).I kept coming back to the larger but at last sec panicked&went w/339.I am at 3wks&LOVE size but how much more are they going to drop to give me too small. dr says won't lose size but will just change shape. upset for not going with lgr as was dr advice. prob lgr was right size.

How long before the implants drop into place

+1

Sounds like you already have a great result.  You will see small changes weekly, but you won't see the final result for at least 3 months.  They will probably look very natural at that time.

You will be able to see the final results from your breast augmentation between 6 weeks and 3 months after surgery.

+1

I tell my patients that they will be able to see the final results from their breast augmentation between 6 weeks and 3 months after surgery.  Usually by that time the post operative swelling has resolved and the implants have settled into their final position.  However, scars are not yet mature and will not reach full maturity until approximately one year after surgery.

David P. Stapenhorst, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Post op concerns

+1

Usually, by three weeks, most of the early swelling is gone.  So, if you are liking your size- that's great.   However, your tissues are probably still "tight", and will relax over the next 2 - 3 months, resulting in a more normal, natural shape.

Sounds like you are on your way to a nice result.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Will My Breasts Get Smaller? Three weeks after Surgery

+1

At three weeks, if you love the size and shape, don't panic, give it the 3-4 months it takes for the swelling to resolve. If the implants are the appropriate size, the lower pole of the breast will relax, and the abnormal upper pole fullness will go away.

You will then have a chance to decide if the size decision was right. This is such a common observation after breast augmentation, and 95% of patients are happy with the size they chose in my experience.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Implants Dropping After 3 Weeks

+1

At 3 weeks, the implants will likely drop, but not necessarily.  This depends upon so many factors, including level of dissection, laxity of tissues, size of implant, size of patient, etc.

Most patients wish they had gone a bit larger after breast augmentation.

+1

It's good news that you're pleased with your size three weeks after your breast augmentation. Over the coming months will will. Even though the breasts will not decrease much in size, you probably will conclude that you wish you had gone a bit bigger at the time of the original procedure.

Implants

+1

It will take a minimum of 3-4 months to stretch and look normal. If implants are large and muscle thick, it can take longer.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Three months

+1

I let all my patients know to expect three to fours months to completely settle in. Much of it depends on how large the implant is and how loose your skin is. 

Patrick Hsu, MD, FACS

Three weeks post implants

+1

At three weeks post implant surgery, it is still a little early and you should give it about 3-4 months to settle.

How Long Before the Final Results

+1

The time course is different for each patient. A current photo would help me try to answer your question. In some women the implants ride high for several months, in others, they are already well positioned by 3 weeks. 

I would concur with your surgeon in that the volume is not likely to change.

Please consider posting a photo. Thanks, and best wishes.