Can Chronic Tip Swelling Be Fixed--16 Years Post S

43 yr.old white female.16 years ago,had open rhino to correct a bulbous tip & deviated septum. One year later the tip was so refined;looked like a ball.Had a closed procedure & used spreader grafts(my septum) to get rid of "pinched" ball look.I have crooked nasal bones.Septum crooked again. Alar wedge resection in 2010.Chronic swelling for 15 years in a.m. that decreases during the day until around 3:00 then looks better.Drinking water decreases swelling.Swelling worse in summer.Can it be fixed?

Chronic Nasal Tip Swelling

+2

This is a difficult problem. Correction of the bulbous tip is one of the most difficult procedures in rhinoplasty surgery.  Your swelling is compounded by the scar tissue from additional surgery.  Your problem most likely can be improved but you need to consult with a surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery or American Board of Plastic Surgery who has a special expertise in rhinoplasty work.  It is probably a good idea to get two opinions before proceeding with any surgical procedure.

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon