Chronic Swelling Several Months After Tummy Tuck?

I had abdominoplasty surgery with liposuction of the flanks seven months ago. I had two drains for over two weeks due to a lot of drainage and an infection. After the second month I have been real swollen and my stomach is hard. I now weigh more than before the surgery and I feel worse about my body due to the scars, belly button and dog ears. Is this normal? My plastic surgeon is several hours away and I don't want to go all the way there to be told to wait it out or that it's normal. Thanks!

Chronic Swelling Several Months After Tummy Tuck

+2

Thanks for the question. I couldn't begin to give you a useful answer with seeing photos, preferably from both before and after surgery. You might consider attaching those to your question.

You should also consider sending current photos to your surgeon and see if you can arrange a phone follow up to review your issues. That way, should you need to be seen, the surgeon can be prepared for an intervention if necessary, such as aspirating a chronic fluid collection should that be the cause of your problem