Can Chronic Sinus Headaches Without Congestion Be a Symptom of an Infected Implant?

I had a functional rhinoplasty in May to repair a deviated septum and for the last month, I've had chronic headaches that nothing will relieve. I've had no sinus congestion, but I have had a couple of nose bleeds on the affected side and a tiny "zit" that appeared at the bottom of that nare in the last couple of days.

Sinus Headaches after Nasal Surgery

+1

You mention an implant, but don't tell us where it was placed. It is not normal to have constant pain months  after surgery - you need an evaluation by your surgeon.

Sinus headaches after rhinoplasty. Question of infected implant?

+1

It is heard to tell what is going on by your description.  You had a funtional rhinoplasty, (for airflow obstruction I assume).  You then cloud the picture with implant.  Was the implant silicone sheet to build up dorsum?  A cartilage strut for support in you nose? 

The headaches are a different matter.  They can be caused by a few different things. 

See your surgeon right away.  Let him take a look and see what is going on.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Headaches and Nose Bleeds a month after Nose Surgery

+1

Regarding: "Can Chronic Sinus Headaches Without Congestion Be a Symptom of an Infected Implant?
I had a functional rhinoplasty in May to repair a deviated septum and for the last month, I've had chronic headaches that nothing will relieve. I've had no sinus congestion, but I have had a couple of nose bleeds on the affected side and a tiny "zit" that appeared at the bottom of that nare in the last couple of days
."

It is unclear to me what implant are you referring to since you did not mention anything about implants in your description. The only person who can guide you is the surgeon who knows exactly what was done and who needs to examine you and look inside your nose to rule out an infection. I would strongly suggest you see him as soon as possible.

See your surgeon

+1

Implants are generally not placed in the nare. AS Dr. Mayer stated, I would seek evaluation by your physician and surgeon

Chronic sinus pain.

+1

You should see your surgeon to be sure you don't have a sinus infection since it is not normal to have pain after this surgery.