Chose Implants That Are Too Large...how Soon Can I Change This?

I had moderate profile saline implants filled to 425 for 15 years.I always disliked the lack of projection and that they were too wide for my body. I was a very small C. I thought I wanted to be a D so my recent surgery was a change to 550 mod plus salines filled to 625. I feel a lot of pressure right now and my implants are sitting very very high. How long must I wait for a redo if I feel confident that I should have gone for mod plus implants filled to 525. I fear I will be larger than a D

Changing implants

You describe a pressure sensation and implants sitting too high.  In time, gravity will pull these down, the pockets will stretch and the pressure will be relieved.  You need to give it at least 3 months.  If you still feel like they are too big or too high then consider pocket revision or implant reduction.  Going from 425 to 625 is a 200 cc increase, which corresponds to anout 1 cup size.  If you go back down to 525, you will be a half cup size bigger then you were before implantation, approximately a D cup.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Revision of Breast Implant Exchange

Since you are a replacement of existing breast implants and not a first time breast augmentation patient, your perception about size and how you feel about them is a lot more accurate since you had a known implant size starting point. (you are now 50% bigger by implant volume)  I would give it 6 weeks and see how you feel then. If there has been no change in your perception about size (not pressure), then you could downsize at that point.

Recommend waiting at least three months

If you are not completely satisfied with the appearance of your breasts after breast implants, I recommend you wait at least three months before proceeding with another surgery on your breasts.  That way, you will give time for the implants to settle into their pockets and for healing to take place.

James Tang, MD

Revision Breast Surgery

I always suggest that patients allow their bodies to heal before undergoing revisionary surgery.  As the implants settle and you heal, you may see that you like the size/shape.  IF after 4-6 months you are still unhappy, that may be a good time to have a discussion re: revisionary breast surgery.

I ask my patients to bring in "goal" photos because your idea of "D cup" may be different than someone else.

Redo augmentation

I would give it a few months before jumping back into surgery. The implants may be a bit high initially but will often come down with time.