Have I Chose Too Big For Breast Implants?

I am 30 years old, a mother of 1. 5'8 1/2 and 130 lbs. I am currently in a small C cup and I am looking to refill what I lost with pregnancy. It was recommended by the MD to go with a 400cc gel implant and they may even keep me from having to have a breast lift. I don't want to be too big like the people you see on tv. Can someone please help me make sure I have chose wisely. The MD actually said with my size and frame I could go bigger but I know I don't want to do that

3D imaging for selecting breast implant size

+2

Nothing stirs up more anxiety than selecting the right implant.  It is a decision that you want get right the first time.  There are many recommendations such as placing a sizing implant in a bra and trying it on along with looking at before and after photographs.  There is a new technology available called Vectra 3D.  It allows a women to visualize what they will look like when selecting a specific implant shape and size.  

Use sizers to help you determine the best final implant size for you

+2

The size of your implant is critical decision.  I would suggest that you do sizing at your PS office.  Put a set of 375 cc implants in one of the surgeons bras.  I have my patients try sizers that are about 25 to 40 cc less than their final implant size to determine if they like the look and shape of their proposed implant.  Put on various tops to help you determine if you like the size / look of your implant choice.  I do not have enough information wrt your chest circumference but for most patients a 400 cc implant from a "small C" will place you in a "DD" bra.  You should also be aware that if you really need a mastopexy (breast lift), an implant does not lift a breast.  If you have a marginally low nipple and areola, and the breast shape is excellent, with only slight volume loss, the implant can give the appearance of some correction / lift.  Your implant decision is a very personal one, spend more time with the sizers and make a decision that you will be happy with for the next 15 to 20 years.  All the best. 

Scott Barr, MD
Sudbury Plastic Surgeon

400 cc implants

+1

Dear lovewins123,

From the information that you provided, your BMI is 20. It means that you are in very good shape thin lady. Not knowing your chest size makes it difficult to figure out the right implant size. Assuming that you are small 34C or small 36C , a 400cc imlants will increase your breasts size to full 34DD or  36DD. Is that the size that you want ? From your comment on not wanting to be too big, it sounds that the enlargement will be excessive for you. Additionaly, the implants can elevate the nipples only slightly, so if you have a droopy breast you will need some kind of a lift. I recommend that you seek a second opinion from an experienced board certifie plastic surgeon

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon