I Chose 500cc High Profile Silicone Implants but Now Want to Drop Down at Least 2 Sizes, What Should I Do?

What size do I choose?

+1

Did you have the operation? Hard to say from your posting. If already in [place than ask for revision to 450 cc -2 sizes of implant. 

Downsizing breast implants: what you need to know

+1

Assuming from your question that you have 500 cc implants in, then downsizing raises a number of concerns. One is that the skin envelope may be too large for smaller implants, so that a lift may be required. Another is that the implant pocket will be too large, so it may have to be reduced as well. Finally, it depends on what you mean by "2 sizes" since different implant styles have different sizing increments. If you mean 2 cup sizes it may mean taking the implants out. All of this would need to be discussed with you p;lastic surgeon in consultation since each situation is different.

Richard Baxter, MD

Want smaller implants

+1
Choose a moderate or mid range profile implant instead of high profile. Width of the implant should match your base width minus skin thickness.

Steve Laverson, MD

Breast implant Size for Revisionary Surgery?

+1

Communication of your goals with your plastic surgeon will be critical to the success of your operation as well as your satisfaction with the results of the surgery. Unfortunately, “dropping down at least 2 sizes” is not specific enough to help your plastic surgeon plan/perform your operation.

When it comes to clear communication, I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.     I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.