Should I Chose 304cc or 339cc Natrelle Style 15 Silicone Implants?

These 2 sizes have the same projection so I am wondering if it would really make a big difference. I am currently a full B I'd say..my rib cage is 28.5". I do not know what my bwd is although I think I recall my surgeon saying 12 point something. I know cup size is not guaranteed etc, but I honestly don't want to go above a DD and I am leaning towards the 339 unless this will spill me into another cup size. I would like a D but ok with DD. I have breastfed 2 and C cup before kids.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Consider lift in addition to augmentation after pregnancies

+1

Unfortunately, you have not told us your bra size just your cup size.  If you are size 32 or 34 each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  If you are size 36 or 38 each 200 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  The 300 cc implants will be a 3 cup size change or 1 1/2 cup size change depending on what size bra you wear.  Certainly, this would be the order of a full D or small D depending on your chest diameter, so the size seems appropriate.  You have breast feed 2 children but have not provided any photographs.  After pregnancies, a breast lift is just as important as an implant.  A breast lift can be done using only a circumareola approach avoiding the vertical scars or boat anchor shaped incisions.  Through this incision implants can be placed and breast tissue lifted higher on the chest wall and displaced medially to increase cleavage.  The breast is reshaped to give more projection, which allows a smaller implant.  I recommend the smallest implant possible because they have the least amount of complications and will descend the slowest.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant sizing

+1

The difference in the two sizes is small.  One way to see the difference is with a Vectra 3D imaging system.  A few surgeons have this available.  In general many women suggest to go for the larger one as long as this gives you a natural look or perhaps you prefer a bit more fullness in the upper breast.  Try to forget about a bra size.  What matters is what you look like, not what size bra you wear. 

Glenn M. Davis, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

304cc or 339cc--Which Is Best For Me?

+1

Dear CKgurl,

This is one of the most commonly asked questions on this site.  Partly this is because the bra industry sizes are not standardized, partly because there is a misperception about the impact of small differences in CC's and breast size.  We can't fix the bra industry but we can help address the issue about the impact of CC's.

30cc's is about 1 fluid ounce in standard measurement-the system used in the USA for measuring.  This means that the difference in size(volume) between the two implants you are considering is about the same amount as a single shot glass-not much.  The visual and size differences between the two implants you are considering will be very small  and subtle and often something your plastic surgeon will decide upon once you are in the operating room.  It is very unlikely no matter which of these two implants you select that your cup size will be changed because of the small size difference.  Usually it requires between 100 and 150cc's difference to impact your final cup size.

Please discuss this with your plastic  surgeon who based upon your examination and desires can help you select the best range of sizes for you.  Hope this helps.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

304cc or 339cc?

+1

I find a good rule of thumb is that 200cc often is about one cup size, so these implants should give you roughly a mid-D cup. If you are truly a full B cup you should not find yourself with a DD cup (although depending on the brand of bra you may be fitted into a DD). Also remember that 339cc is only about 6 teaspoons larger than 304cc. Without examining you, of course, these are only generalizations.  Best of luck.

Andrew Stewart, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implants For Me?

+1

As you can imagine, it is not possible to give you precise advise without direct examination and a full communication of your goals. Generally speaking however the difference between the 2 breast implant sizes you are contemplating is not a “big difference”.

I would suggest that you spend more time communicating with your plastic surgeon.  In my practice, I prefer the use of goal pictures to aid with this communication process. I would also suggest that you do not base your communication and/or satisfaction with the results of surgery  on achieving a specific cup size. As you know, cut sizes will vary from one bra manufacturer to another…

If ,at the end of the communication process, you are still in doubt ( assuming that both breast implants can be used with the same degree of “safety”),  you may want to go with the slightly larger breast implant.  Keep in mind, that the most common regret after this operation is “I wish I was bigger”.