Criteria For Choosing A Hair Transplant Doctor/Clinic? I'd Like a More Youthful Hairline. (photo)

I am a 42 year old male who has a stable but receeded hairline (no changes in the past 8 years). I would like to return / fill-in my hairline in the top corners, perhaps even a small amount front & center. With the primary goal of a uniform, youthful and optimal natural hairline. (Something along the lines of David Boreanaz/David Beckham) How should I go about finding a competent doctor in my region for surgery, what should I ask and what level of transplants grafts should I expect? Thank you

Transplanting the corners of the hairline

+3

From the description of yourself as being 42 , having a stable hairline and sending pictures that show a full head of hair , I would suggest first trying styling options to give a different look. If the only solution for you is to have hair added to the coiners and the front, follicular unit hair transplants could work nicely. You may need more than one session to get the density that could match your existing condition. I would suggest seeing experienced hair transplant surgeons. If you are near Manchester, I would suggest having a consultation with Drs. Bessam and Nilofer Farjo who I know to be practicing state of the at work.

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

FUE Neograft transplantation is the way to go

+2

I would only consider FUE/Neograft procedure in your situation. Judging from the hairstyle that you like deciding on the STRIP procedure would be a big mistake. Your scar will be visible for the rest of your life. If you decide on FUE procedure donor site from the Neograft is undetectable even if you shave your hair. And you have plenty of donor hair to advance your hairline. Look for an experienced Neograft doctor in your area

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD

Hair transplants or hairline advancement for lowering hairline.

+2
Remember that hair loss is a continuous process. You look like you have a full head of hair--NOW. This may change dramatically in the future. I would wait to see if you have thinning or recession in 1-2 yearsnbefore starting.

Choosing a Hair Transplant Doctor

+1

There is much to consider when looking for a hair transplant doctor, starting with the technique you wish to have done. A case like yours would greatly benefit from an FUE procedure of a few hundred grafts, since you have only minimal hairline recession. FUE leaves cosmetically negligible scarring and is ideal for hairline work because of its wider pool of donor hair (i.e. fine nape hairs that blend well with the hairline). 

After you’ve selected the technique, you need to find a reputable surgeon to perform that method. A few criteria for a good surgeon are as follows: experienced, well-respected in the field, record of successful results, patients satisfied long-term, and a few other preliminary things.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon