Choosing the Right Implant Size, Is This Okay?

I am Currently 5'7 with 36 A bra cup. I am considering a moderate plus round smooth silicone implant 304 cc and hoping to get to a small C post op. Do you thing this is a reasonable expectation?

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Implant and cup size ratio

+1

If you are a size 36 A each 200 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  A 300 cc implant would take you up 1 1/2 cup sizes and may achieve the small C you desire.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant sizing

+1

Thank you for your question.  This is a very common question and one that tends to cause a great amount of angst with patients.  To answer your question briefly, yes, that general size should get you close to a "c" cup.  Now for the longer answer.  Many surgeons are turning from simple guess work to a more dimensional analysis of your chest and breast to determine what implants will work for your.  Your breast has a "footprint" on your chest wall, where the breast sits on your chest.  To obtain a more "natural" look, the breast implant will need to be within the width of your breast.  Any larger, and it will tend to get pushed out to the side.  Then, depending on the "fullness" you are looking for, an implant size can be narrowed down.  Mentioning  a cup size for the bra is helpful, but it can also be a moving target.  Many bra manufacturers size bras differently and no guarantees can be made no matter what technology is utilized to estimate an implant size.  Finally, pictures of breasts that are similar to the look you are going for is also helpful to give your surgeon an idea of your expectations.  All of this put together helps to determine the correct size for you.  It is always best to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon that you feel you can connect with and trust and the two of you can come up with a perfect implant for you.

Best of luck.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Sterile disposable breast implant SIZERS tell you best implant size.

+1

Hi.

1)  I am surprised other surgeons don't talk about this.  Your plan sounds reasonable, but it is just an educated guess!  There is no need to guess.

2)  This is what I think is the best way to proceed.  Your surgeon should have a very clear idea of what you want to look like (cup sizes are no good, you want real pictures).  Your surgeon should also have in the operating room an inventory of different size implants.

3)  Then during surgery, your surgeon puts sizers (just like implants but disposable and not expensive) into your breasts.  That way, one can see exactly what look a particular size gives you.  Different sizers are put in until the right look is achieved.  Only then are the actual implants taken out of their packaging and put into your breasts.  No guess work!

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Sizers help you 'see' what you will look like

+1

And you should find a surgeon that can allow you to use sizers in their office.  I find that increasing whatever size you liked in your bra by 10% more accurately achieves the look yu have with the sizer in your unpadded bra.

Curtis Wong, MD

Choosing the wright breast Implant!

+1

Why not, but a consultation is necessary to tell you which implant will reach close to your desire and expectations. Volume, filling, texture, projection, shape, plane, incision sites are all crucial decisions that will affect the outcome and should be taken only during a consultation.

Ioannis Michael Ch. Salivaras, MD
UAE Plastic Surgeon

+1

Without photos or measurements, we cannot recommend an implant size. Silicone moderate plus implants is what I use most, but the most important thing is getting the correct base width so that implants look natural and minimize the chance of complications.  The best thing is to get several consultations with qualified Plastic Surgeons.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Implant size question

+1

I agree witht the general theme of the posts that it is hard to give you advice without pictures and breast measurements and an exam. All of these are important steps to help pick an implant that will make you happy. I use sizers and then have you look in my pre and post op book which helps a great deal. You are tall and this allows for a larger implant then you would use on a shorter person. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon and if you trust  he or she then relax as it seems you have articulated well your goals.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Implant Sizing

+1

In general, 150cc or so will put you up about one size, but every patient is different depending on your anatomy and body shape, so it is really important to see your plastic surgeon in consultation for breast implant sizing.  In our office, we use the VECTRA XT 3D imaging system to help our patients choose their breast implant sizes.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Picking implants

+1

Thanks for your question. I would recommend you see a plastic surgeon and try in implant sizers. While there are other ways to pick size, I find in my practice that trying on actual implants is the most helpful. We keep a wide variety of sizers and I have my patients bring in different clothing to try with them  A 304 implant is an Allergan moderate profile, moderate plus is a mentor implant.  Either way at 5'7" that volume may be shy of a C if you are starting from an A.  Best wishes

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon