How Do I Go About Choosing a Surgeon for Botox

I am nearly 25 and im so shocked at how much my skin seems to have aged lately. Im thinkin about fillers and botox but really frightened that if wont look natural how do i no how to choose the right surgeon ?? Help please:)

Choosing a good Botox injector

+3

Since you are young it is important to find a doctor who is very experienced with Botox and filler injections. I would recommend consulting with at least 2-3 different facial plastic surgeons or cosmetic dermatologists to see what they think you need. You can then compare what they told you to see if they are all recommending the same treatments or if 1 doctor is more aggressive than the others. Ask to see before and after pictures of younger patients as well so you can have a better expectation of what your results will look like. At 25 you will probably only need minimal Botox or filler injections to achieve your desired look or help to prevent wrinkles from forming in the future.

Web reference: http://www.facialplastics.info/botox.html

Choosing a surgeon for Botox administration

+2

I would search for Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in your area who have experience in administering Botox.  Ask for referrals from patients.  Begin with a consultation appointment to discuss your goals for treatment and then select a surgeon with whom you feel comfortable.  Good luck!

Katy Plastic Surgeon

Choose a core cosmetic specialty physician for Botox, but only if it is right for you at your age. 25 may be too young.

+2

You are 25, and it is the rare 25 year old that should start with Botox as the first line cosmetic treatment for aging. I recommend seeing a dermatologist first, since we are the only physicians who specialize in the medical health and biology of the skin, for suggestions on how to approach the damage you feel you already see. Often there are more effective ways to preserve and improve the glow and youth of your skin that Botox either does not address, or would not be necessary for yet. Please do not allow the increase in chatter about cosmetic surgery and procedures online to make you feel inadequate for not yet having had needles put into your face. If Botox is right for you legitimately, then see only a dermatologist, plastic surgeon, ENT/facial plastic surgeon, or possibly an oculoplastic surgeon for your treatment.

Web reference: http://www.ArtofDermatology.com

Botox

+2

Botox  and other injectable fillers should be administered by an experienced plastic surgeon. You can always review pre and post injection photos of patients who had similar concerns like yours. Botox is helpful to reduce overactivities of the muscles of annimations and last 3 to 4 months, If you were not happy with the results you do not need to worry too much, it will wear off in few months and would not leave you with a permanent disfigurement.    

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

How to choose your physician for Botox or facial fillers

+2

The effectiveness of your treatment depends on your physician’s ability to visualize the desired changes and to select and skillfully administer the best treatments alone or in combination. Since every face is different, the experience and technique of your physician injector is the most critical part to your achieving a beautiful, natural result. Always ask to see before and after pictures of patients they have personally injected. If possible, look for someone who is on the medical education faculty for one of the facial fillers. If they have been selected to train other physicians how to treat the aging face they are likely to be good, experienced injectors.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/botox-dysport/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

CHOOSING A SURGEON FOR BOTOX

+2

Select a surgeon to inject your botox that has alot of experience, that injects on a regular basis.  Meet with the surgeon to discuss your needs and create a plan that makes sense to you.  The cost for botox injections has a large range.  Do not go to the cheapest.  I wish you well.

+2

Be sure that the MD or plastic and cosmetic surgeon, you choose, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face.

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Choosing a great Botox/Dysport injector.

+2

Botox or Dysport give such great results in the right patients. Often patients need light chemical peels to refresh the skin as well or even filler to smooth out deep lines.  Techniques vary from doc to doc and even nurses do it often and can be quite good.  If the doc's practice is cosmetically based, then that is a good indicator that he/she has a good aesthetic eye and can help you choose what is best for you.  Don't go cheap!  That is the universal rule with cosmetic procedures! For Botox/Dysport, $300-750 is the ave. for 1-3 areas. Fillers like Restylane/Juvederm or Radiesse are $550-700/syringe. Light chemical peels run about $250-350 each and usually need a few.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.drdavidhansen.com

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Choosing a Botox injector

+2

It is important that you choose a board certified doctor for Botox injections.  Also, do your research, look at reviews, talk to other patients, ask the doctor or their staff how much Botox they do, etc.  Also, it may not be that Botox is what you need.  So, I would suggest scheduling a consultation to go over your goals and expectations and so you and the doctor can come up with a customized plan to fit your needs.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.Shafer PlasticSurgery.com

Injector Selection

+1

The botox cosmetic website can provide you a list of qualified injectors in your area. Consult with 2 - 3 in your area to find one that best meets your needs.  Quality is an important component as a more expert injector can better utilize the same or fewer number of units than a lesser qualified injector.