Choosing Best Sequence for Surgeries?

Iam planning to do breast lifting (+ reduction ) and lipo for my whole body convinced me to do them separate ...i did total lipo 3 years ago and it was horrible experinece so iam not excited to do it again ...maybe if i did breast lifting along lipo of upper body ( back , lovehandles , stomach , upper part of stomach below breasts) and after a month i do lower part thighs all sides + ankles + calves + bbl it Would become more tolerable experinece ...whats ur advice ?

Separating procedures for safety

Separating the procedures as you have mentioned will help make the recovery be less painful.  More importantly it will be much safer and make you more likely to heal smoothly.  Good luck.

415 E. Southlake Blvd.
Southlake, TX 76092

Best sequence for surgery

It makes sense to me to stage the liposuction. Additional thoughts -

• If you have back liposuction and a breast reduction, no position will be comfortable. 
  • You might consider the breast reduction and liposuction of the front of the chest, abdomen, love handles.
  • At the second stage do the back and legs.
  • Two total body liposuctions in 3 years is a lot. Is there any chance diet and exercise might help?
  • Best wishes!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

2045 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30309

Choosing best sequence for surgeries?

Hello!  Thank you for your question!  These procedures may be safely combined at one setting, given you are healthy and without significant medical comorbdities.  I would consult with a plastic surgeon who would examine you and discuss the various options and assist you to decide if you wish to undergo all of the procedures at once or at smaller staged procedures.  Given the procedures that you state - staging them would be a wise decision.  Your safety is the priority.  An examination of the amount of work to do with each will also make the decision.  There would obviously be a cost saving and recovery benefit for a one-stage procedure.  However, your safety should not be sacrificed for these reasons.

If it was deemed wisest to stage these procedures, you will have to decide which procedure(s) are most important to you.  You should devise a priority list and discuss this with your surgeon and several of these procedures will still likely to be combined at the same procedure.  Thank you for your question!  Hope that his helps and best wishes for a superb result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

8900 E. Raintree Dr.
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Breast Lifting and Liposuction of Everything and Brazilian Buttlift

I would not recommend calf and ankle liposuction, but the rest of those procedures can be performed together or broken up.  However, you should be aware that the Brazilian buttlift will require a large amount of fat for best results.  Therefore, you should not split up the liposuction unless you can get 5 liters at a session in which you are performing fat transfer.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of these procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Multiple procedures are safe in safe hands

This combination of procedures is routinely performed in my facility.  Research an experienced location and plastic surgeon who can show you results and explain the process.  You should absolutely save on some costs as well.  Good luck

Neil Gottlieb, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

9500 Roosevelt Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19115-3926

Appropriate Staging of Surgery

Great question.  It is common to stage multiple procedures, especially when lengthy procedures and different operative positioning may be involved.  Staging will maintain a safe operating environment.  Another consideration is the volume of liposuction that can be performed on an outpatient basis.  Typically plastic surgeons would like to keep it under 4 liters of volume for out patient procedures.  Best of luck.  

Joseph C. Berardi, MD

11000 North Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85254

Multiple Elective cosmetic procedures should be segregated so that any one combination of procedures does not exceed six hours.

The statement is a very general rule but on balance one would not like to exceed 5 to 6 hours of surgery for elective case. The combination of procedures you mention sounds like it would take quite a bit more than this. That being the case I would arrange the combination of procedures to satisfy the general rule above.

365 East Paces Ferry Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30305

Staging the procedures would likely be best

Thank you for the question.  It sounds like you understand and agree on staging your surgeries.  This will help with recovery but it will also give your plastic surgeon the time he/she needs to focus fully on the liposuction areas for that day. Revision liposuction or secondary liposuction usually has more fibrous or scarring so the liposuction process may take a little more work making it that much more reasonable to stage your procedures.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

8900 E Raintree Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Body liposuction

I agree that doing too much surgery in one setting is too much.  Staging the procedures sounds very reasonable.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Choosing Best Sequence for Surgeries?

Hard to answer this without some photos, but the plan you and your surgeon have suggested sounds like a good one. All the best. 

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004