How do I choose the best surgeon for my nose job? Price range? (photo)

I cannot emphasize the results I want is as NATURAL as possible!!!! I'm too scared to get surgery and end up with a barbie's nose! I see it done all the time! My background is spanish and middle eastern.

Choosing a Rhinoplasty Surgeon

+1

Below is a list of pearls for choosing your rhinoplasty surgeon:

Experience- should perform this operation often, including revisions (several each week).  A plastic surgeon who specializes in procedures of only the face may be the best choice.  

Communication- both you and the surgeon should be able to clearly communicate your aesthetic goals. I find photo imaging is a very effective tool to enhance your ability to communicate.  This is especially true of an ethnic (spanish and middle eastern background) rhinoplasty.

Before-and-after photo gallery- make sure you are able to see pictures of patients with similar issues and how the surgeon addressed it.  

In my office the cost of a rhinoplasty is a little under 7K.  Although cost is obviously important it should never be the primary reason for choosing a surgeon, especially for rhinoplasty.

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty surgery is by far one of the most rewarding procedures I perform besides facelifts.  The procedure requires a skilled surgeon who has performed many rhinoplasty procedures.  Seek out a plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty and facial procedures.  

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

How do I choose the best surgeon for my nose job?

+1

In general, the goal with rhinoplasty is to create a natural appearing nose that is in harmony with the face and complements the patient's facial features. It is important to choose a skilled and experienced specialist when looking to have rhinoplasty performed, as this will help ensure that you achieve a great looking and natural result. Look for board certification, credentials, a great amount of before and after photos showcasing the surgeon's result, and fantastic patient testimonials. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Best rhinoplasty surgeon

+1

It's important to seek out a rhinoplasty surgeon That has extensive experience in the field rhinoplasty, and has performed thousands of rhinoplasty procedures in their career.  It is best to look at their before and after photo gallery,  ratings, reviews, testimonials and board certifications. Also important have computer imaging performed with clear communication between the patient and the surgeon about the specific changes to be made regarding your nose

Natural rhinoplasty results

+1

I'm happy to hear that a natural result is your first consideration for rhinoplasty surgery.  In the end, rhinoplasty results come down to your goals as a patient, your surgeon's understanding of the relationship between aesthetics and function, and your surgeon's skill and experience as well as his/her overall approach to the operation.  I would recommend consultations with multiple board certified plastic surgeons who specialize in this operation.  Clearly delineate your goals to the surgeon, ask specific questions, request imaging, and do the research on the surgeon that you choose.  Good luck!

Scott K. Thompson, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to Choose the Best Rhinoplasty Surgeon

+1

Hi Night Owl,

The most important aspect of having a rhinoplasty is making sure that you take the time to do your due diligence in carefully choosing your rhinoplasty surgeon.  I advise patients to have multiple consultations and make sure that they feel that their prospective rhinoplasty surgeon fully understands their aesthetic goals.  See the video below for more information on choosing the best rhinoplasty surgeon for your surgery.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

How to choose the right surgeon for your nose job

+1

This is the most difficult question to answer. You can start by only consulting with board-certified facial plastic surgeons or plastic surgeons who specialize in rhinoplasty. Once you have a chance to meet a few or many board certified surgeons, you will need to articulate your concerns very clearly. "Natural" is a result that many of us understand but some do not. So please review the surgeons' before and after photos of patients with similar concerns. Make sure that you like the results and that they do not appear surgical to you. You could also consider have videoimaging performed during the consultation. This will allow you to determine whether you and your surgeon are on the same page with regard to the optimal result for your rhinoplasty. If you're unsure at any stage, seek a second/ third/ fourth opinion until you're confident that your chosen surgeon is skilled and understands the result that you're looking for. Good luck! I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Choosing a Rhinoplasty Surgeon

+1

As I have many times over many years, selecting a surgeon is the most difficult part of rhinoplasty surgery. Pick an experienced rhinoplasty specialist who shows you natural results in noses like yours. Costs will vary between $7,000-9,000 depending on what is done.

How do I choose the best surgeon for my nose job? Price range?

+1

Natural results are achieved on a consistent basis.  I think that your goals can be achieved.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Choosing the best rhinoplasty surgeon

+1

There are several threads that talk about how to choose the best surgeon. Look through the RealSelf community and you will find some answers from previous questions. There are many great surgeons in Salt Lake City and I can recommend a few to you. Ultimately, the most important considerations are: 

1) Qualifications - Board certification and level of training - look for surgeons who have board certification in plastic surgery or facial plastic surgery

2) Previous results - Look at the surgeon's before and after photos, especially on patients who have a similar profile to your nose to see if the results match your expectations.

3) Personal patient reviews - if you can get personal recommendations from friends who have had a rhinoplasty with the surgeon these are most helpful. You can also ask the surgeon if he/she is willing to let you talk to one of his/her previous patients to discuss their experience.

4) Personal rapport with the surgeon - You must have a good dialogue with your surgeon. They must be able to understand your needs and adequately instill your trust in them.

5) Expectations - Does the surgeon meet your expectations in terms of the goals of surgery? They should be able to morph (manipulate) your photos to give you an idea of what they can accomplish with surgery and these pictures should match your expectations.

Seek out several rhinoplasty surgeons (2-3) for a consultation before making your decision. Here are two surgeons I highly recommend in your area: Dr. Steven Mobley and Dr. Lucy Barr. Good luck!

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD