How Can I Choose the Best Size & Profile of Breast Implants for Me? (photo)

Im 29 years old and considering Breast Implants. Here are my sizes: height :5.6" weight :112 Ibs Breast Wide:Right is 6.3" & left is 6.5" and Total around is 28" which makes me 32A cup. Shoulder's wide:14.5" =37cm I want the breast which is wide and round & Full as much as my body allow,but not looking so unnatural and fake. I have a friend who had a surgery with 375CC Silicon,high profile,its almost what i'm looking for!upload her photo. What is the best size and profile you suggest me!

Breast Implant Size and Profile?

I would suggest that you communicate your goals with your surgeon and then allow him/her to meet your goals as much as possible.  Often it is not clear what size or profile of implant will work best until the patient is in the operating room and  a temporary sizer has been placed.

I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful during this communication process.    I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

#ChoosingTheBestImplantProfile and Size

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the below link.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Whats the best size for me?

Its certainly desirable to have a cleavage and more fullness and this is something you should convey to your surgeon you decide to go with.  Your doctor should be able to guide you depending on what size/volume you desire and what dimensions you are trying to achieve.  Some volumes will simply not allow for wider implants that you may need to achieve the result you imagine of.  Some doctors will not exceed the width of your natural breast footprint due to something they may have learned at a meeting.  I believe that patients can accept risks as long as they are fully informed and that we are not creating some abnormality in the process.  Best wishes at achieving your goals.

Curtis Wong, MD

Choosing an implant

The implants you chose may very well be the right ones for you, but an exam and discussion of yoru goals is really critical.

Best size and contour for natural shape

this is a recurring theme:

at a 32 chest   you will need approximately 275 cc to become a c cup   your friend may be a 34 or 36 chest

moderate profile will be rounder side to side and top to bottom

Choosing the right breast implant

Basically, the right size implant is based on the goals and desires of the individual patient.  Implants may be "tried on" during your office visit to give you an idea of what results you are looking for and what to expect.  Bringing pictures that reflect your potential outcome can be helpful.

Christopher W. Chase, MD
Chattanooga Plastic Surgeon