How to Choose a MD for Cellulaze?

I have met a MD I liked and can perform Cellulaze in 2 weeks. This MD has only done 8 cases so far, which I suspect is not unusual as it was just FDA approved. There was another MD I was going to consult with who has done a lot cases b/c he was involved in the clinical trial for Cellulaze. But he cannot schedule the procedure until October. Is it okay to go with someone who has not done as many cases and can see me sooner or do I wait for the person who has done more? Advice please.

Cellulaze is a new procedure but based on the SmartLipo technology

+2

Even though Cellulaze is a new procedure, physicians who are experienced with the Smart Lipo Triplex technology are more than competent in this procedure very quickly after a small number of procedures.  The technology used in Cellulaze is basically the same as the SmartLipo Triplex, but delivered with a different instrument (side light laser fiber) and with a different treatment protocol.

There are many Doctors that have performed hundreds of SmartLipo procedures who are quickly comfortable with Cellulaze.  It is important to ask your Doctor if they have prior experience with SmartLipo skin tightening and if so I would be more comfortable.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Choose the right MD

+1

Do the research that is required for finding a doctor that is suitable to treat you for the procedure. When you have a consultation be sure to find out all the necessary information that you need to feel most comfortable with them.

Choosing an MD for Cellulaze

+1

Hello and thanks for your question.  Choosing the "best" surgeon for your procedure is sometimes difficult, especially with new procedures.  I would think that if your surgeon was honest enough to tell you how many he/she has done, then that's a good sign.  There are only a few surgeons that are training all of us in the procedure, so your doctor might have been trained by the very same one you cannot see for several months!  And that surgeon's experience was passed down to him.  I would make sure that the surgeon you are going to is a board certified plastic surgeon for your aesthetic procedures, as his/her training background is far more extensive than some other doctors out there who went only to a weekend course at a hotel.  Best of Luck.  Robert Kratschmer, MD

Choosing a surgeon

+1

It is difficult when a procedure is first approved and becomes popular to find a surgeon with a great deal of experience because their aren't any.  That being said, there are other factors to consider.  First and foremost you need to feel comfortable with your surgeon and confident in their abilities in general.  Though a surgeon may not have a great deal of Cellulaze experience, if they do have SmartLipo, Liposuction and other laser expereince, then they have a good foundation for performing Cellulaze well. Don't be afraid to ask about someone's level of experience with a certain procedure and treating other patients with similar concerns as you are looking to address. 

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Web reference: http://www.cellulitesurgeon.com/

Choosing Your Cellulaze Doctor

+1

Before you go in for a consultation with a physician, make sure you do your research on cellulite laser treatments. Ask them about their certifications and qualifications to perform Cellulaze treatments and how many Cellulaze procedures they have done. Ask to see photos of other patients' results and to talk to other patients they have treated with Cellulaze. For a qualified practitioner in your area, go the Cellulaze website and use their  physician locator. Best of luck.

Choose a MD for Cellulaze

+1

GREAT question! I have been doing CELLULAZE since mid April, over 25 cases+ done. To me the Cynosure platform of Smart Lipo Triplex was a great training instrument for me. I have been using this higher energy tool for well over a year. Thus, the CELLULAZE based upon the TRIPLEX 1440 wavelength was a quick study for me. Therefore, if the doc has no or little Smart Lipo TRIPLEX experience than in my opinion the learning curve is extremely steep. Please ask about the docs experience with any of the Smart lipo systems, best if experience on the TRIPLEX unit. Hope this helps Regards from MIAMI 

Finding the right Doctor for Cellulaze

+1

Cellulaze is new to the market so it will be hard to find a doctor with a ton of experience in Cellulaze yet. I would suggest looking for a doctor who is experienced in Smart Lipo as well as liposuction as it is the same technology. We have seen some amazing results with our patients that have had cellulaze. Good luck with your search! 

Cellulaze

+1

Cellulaze is a one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure and find a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure near you. Best of luck!
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com