How Do I Choose a Good Surgeon to Fix Extreme Asymmetrical Breasts and Help Paying for Procedure?

Since I was 12 (puberty) ive had uneven breasts (im 21 now). My left breast is an A cup and my right breast is a D cup.. Ive seen plastic surgeons (who laughed in my face about my breasts, stating its one of the worst cases they have seen) quoted $10, 000. Of course, to my heart ache I cannot afford a procedure that costs this much. How can I find a great surgeon that can fix my breast s to make them as perfect as possible? How can I get help paying? I just want to feel confident for once!

Assymetry correction

+1

The correction of breast asymmetry deals with 2 basic issues. First is the current difference in breast size and shape.  Second is the final size you want to be.  Do you want to be larger than the big side or is that the size you want to match?  These are the issues that need to be dealt with.  Our volume displacement testing will determine the size difference between right and left breast.  With that information the size of implants can be determined to get the best symmetry.  The total final fee in our practice including anesthesia and facility usually runs about $8,500.00.   This procedure is NOT a laughing matter.  In 2013 you can forget about using medical insurance too.

Dayton Plastic Surgeon

Correction of Severe Breast Asymmetry

+1

Severe asymmetry such as you demonstrate is often covered by medical insurance as this should be considered reconstructive in nature. Depending on the insurance company however they may only cover reduction of your larger breast although an argument should be at least made that both breasts need surgery to be symmetric. Either way given your young age I would recommend a reduction with breast lift (mastopexy on right), and lift on left on the basis of your photos. If you do not have insurance than Care Credit or other financing options could be explored

It is key to see a board certified plastic surgeon with significant experience for the best results. See the below link on suggestion on finding the best plastic surgeon.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Yes you can fix very asymmetric breast with the BRAVA

+1

I personally given your age approach this a little differently.  Look up the BRAVA device.  It creates suction and expands the breast over time.  Then using liposuction, fat is removed and after processing it the fat is transferred into the smaller breast to make it larger.  This doesn't require implants of the left or scars on the right side.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry

+1

Good luck with your decision to undergo breast surgery to correct your asymmetry.  Some financing may be helpful to allow you to pay for your surgery.

Breast asymmetry

+1

You do have a major asymmetry and severe ptosis of the breasts.

You will need a reduction on the larger breast and a lift on the smaller breast.

You can contact a finacing company like CARECREDIT, and see if you can get financing. The cost is what you were told