How to Choose Botox Doctor?

I have new wrinkles and want to find a Botox provider. What should I look for in a doctor? Is there a way to easily find how much money I will have to pay? Do I need to call around to get quotes?

How to choose a physician to perform Botox treatment?

+1

In general, it is best to choose a board certified and experienced dermatologist, plastic surgeon, or facial plastic surgeon. They are all great choices. Experience is essential, as it will help minimize the chances of undesirable side effects occurring and ensure you obtain a result you are happy with. The physicians' office should have info on Botox pricing if you wish to compare prices. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/fillers-and-injectable/botox/

Finding a Doctor for Botox Treatments - Trust, Training, Experience, Value

+1

To choose a physician for Botox treatments, or any procedure, I would start by asking your friends, family, of one of your own doctors.  A referral from someone you know may help you end your search quickly.  

Another place to search is the internet.  I would look for proper training/board certification in dermatology or plastic surgery and consistently good reviews from other patients.  Research carefully though, since a large presence online does not necessarily translate to the best physician for you - it may just be indicative of a large advertising budget.  

Finally, I would not choose based on price.    You will find that most board certified dermatologists in your area will charge similar fees, either by unit of Botox, or by area of the face treated.  The least expensive physician is not always the right answer. Sometimes, value is getting the job done correctly at a fair price. 

A little homework will hopefully help you find the right dermatologist!  Good luck!

Summit Dermatologic Surgeon

How to choose a Botox doctor

+1

I would recommend that once you find the doctor who provides you with good outcomes, stick with that doctor and don't look for 'specials on Groupon or Living Social'. Having said that, ask your friends as they will recommend someone with whom they have gotten a good experience. Hratch Karamanoukian MD FACS

Web reference: http://www.AdvanceYourBeauty.com

Buffalo General Surgeon

Botox and providers

+1

If you aren't able to ask friends, family, and/or trusted co-workers for their recommendations, doing an internet search for reputable providers in your area will help you decide and determine whom will be your best choice.

Botox, finding the right provider

+1
The practices that perform the most Botox very likely have the most experience and the most thorough training. Go to the Botox Cosmetic Website and go to the doctor finder area. The doctors that are the top providers of Botox will be listed first. Well trained nurse injectors inject Botox all day every day. They can often make a little go a long way. You way also want to look at the nurse. Not to evaluate a person's beauty, but to see if you think he or she looks "done or "frozen" or if they have a natural and fresh look.
Also, ask your friends. referrals are the best way to find a good nurse injector

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com/botox.html

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

How to choose your Botox provider

+1
If you have friends or family members who are being successfully treated by a board certified facial plastic surgeon/plastic surgeon/dermatologist, then they can refer you to their physician.  Another way to choose your Botox provider is to visit the Allergan BotoxCosmetic website and find a physician based on your zip code.  There are many physicians, nurses, aestheticians who are injecting Botox with little training or education in facial anatomy, facial aesthetics, and the changes associated with the facial aging process.  Please find an experienced, qualified doctor to inject your face.

Web reference: http://www.aestheticsurgerycenter.com/face/botox/

Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon

Choosing a Great Botox Doc

+1

Botox or Dysport injections are an art that many docs aren't trained in. Never shop for cheap prices because you will really regret it. You are paying for the doc's expertise at injecting Botox ( not the botox itself). Expect to pay around $300 for 1 area, 550 for 2 and 750 for 3 areas (smile lines on sides of eyes together is 1 area, frown lines between eyebrows is another area and forehead lines are a 3rd area). Derm surgeons tend to have the most training in injectables.   General plastic docs aren't that great at the finesse of injections so they tend to have a nurse do it for them but they can do a good job if they do a lot of botox.  Enjoy your Botox. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.drdavidhansen.com

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

How to choose your injecting physician

+1

Albert Einstein once said, “The only source of knowledge is experience”. The effectiveness of your treatment depends on your physician’s ability to visualize the desired changes and to select and skillfully administer the best treatments alone or in combination. Botox injections, done properly, is not as "simple" as some physicians claim. Since every face is different, the experience and technique of your physician injector is the most critical part to your achieving a beautiful, natural result. Always ask to see before and after pictures of patients they have personally injected. If possible, look for someone who is on the medical education faculty for one of the facial fillers. If they have been selected to train other physicians how to treat the aging face they are likely to be good, experienced injectors.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/botox-dysport/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Finding a Botox doctor

+1

It's important to find an experienced physician injector.  I agree that price shopping is not the way to go.  Ask to see photographs and have a discussion during your consultation as to what your expectations are after treatment, i.e. lifted brows, a natural look, etc. 

How to Choose a Botox Doctor

+1

My advice is to make sure you choose an actual doctor who is board certified and not a spa clinician or something of that nature. Also, be sure the doctor has plenty of experience injecting Botox, and the before/after photo and video documentation to show you their prior results. You want someone familiar with the way Botox influences facial anatomy. A good doctor will conduct a medical evaluation prior to the injection, and will use product from Allergan only, not any other distributor.  It goes without saying that you should feel comfortable with the doctor and the clinic. Pricing should be easily attainable on a clinic’s website, or when you call. We charge $10 per unit at my clinic.

Web reference: http://www.finetouchdermatology.com/best-wrinkle-treatment-5-things-to-look-for-in-a-botox-clinic/

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon