Can You Choose the Amount of Buccal Fat That You Remove?

One cheek is bigger than the other. My doctor is saying he can remove more from the bigger cheek. Is that right? Also, the doctor is able to choose how much buccal fat to remove? He said I am 39 it is ok for me to remove some at this point cause of my age. He said if I were 19 he would not do it. He agrees I have chubby cheeks and my face is too round. He says buccal fat will help to angle my face a bit. Is this true?

Cheek Fat Pad (Bichat's pad) Excision : Long Term Consequences

+1

Regarding:  "One cheek is bigger than the other. My doctor is saying he can remove more from the bigger cheek. Is that right? Also, the doctor is able to choose how much buccal fat to remove? He said I am 39 it is ok for me to remove some at this point cause of my age. He said if I were 19 he would not do it. He agrees I have chubby cheeks and my face is too round. He says buccal fat will help to angle my face a bit. Is this true?"

It has been said repeatedly on this forum that Buccal Fat (Bichat's) Pad Excision rapidly ages the face but the message is worth repeating. We age by a process of fat loss and facial deflation leading to sagging. In removing a fat pad which will somewhat go away with aging you are trading a more chiseled, tapered look now for a much older and wasted look in the future. As long as you understand this - feel free to proceed.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Buccal fat pad excision

+1

Buccal fat paad excision should be done conservatively and cautiously.  It certianly can be teased out and more from one side can be removed.