I Cant Choose Between 400cc and 450cc? (photo)

Hi i am 23 years old i had my consultation yesterday and i really dont know what size of implants to choose between 400cc and 450cc im afraid to go too bigger and afraid to go too small for my shape i am 5'9, approximatly 150pounds i took silicone implants. What is the best for my profile ?

400 cc or 450 cc Breast Implants

+1

50 cc is probably not going to make a significant difference in the overall shape or look of the breasts.  Just pick the one you want and do not stress yourself out.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast Augmentation

+1

Although your frame can accomodate the 450cc implants, I am concerned that your young tight skin may not.  If you want to look natural, I would suggest less volume and would advise that you not be too concerned with actural number, rather the expected outcome and appearance.

Lawrence Enisman, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

I Cant Choose Between 400cc and 450cc?

+1

Basically over the internet is NOT the correct forum because we, the experts, have not had the opportunity to examine you. But the difference from 400 cc's to 450 cc;s is not a tremendous amount. The rule of thumb is always go bigger if possible. At your stated height/weight I would think about the 450 cc 

IMPLANT SIZE

+1

At 5'9" you are tall and can easily handle either size.  I would recommend the high profile 450cc implants.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

How to choose a size for breast implants

+1

Dear Karine.  In addition to what's been said below, It appears that you have a tight skin envelope.  If that's the case, then the larger you go, you run the risk of stretch marks.  Also,  I have noticed over the past 18 years (over 4,000 augs) that women that got implants that were about 350cc or less tended to have less long-term problems than women who went larger than 350cc.  Women with larger implants have an increased risk of losing nipple sensation, stretch marks, capsular contracture, visible rippling, back and neck pain, sagging, visibility of the implant, etc.  Be sure to factor in all these things before selecting your final size.  Hope this helps. 

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

400 or 450 cc implants

+1

Without an exam it is very difficult to size you up.  50 cc's will not be a huge difference.  Good luck.

I Can't Choose Between 400cc and 450cc

+1

This one you will have to decide with your own surgeon. Without proper photos (front, 45 degree, side) and measurements (especially breast width) it is not possible to give useful advice. As a general guideline it is best not to use implants wider than your own breast. The difference in width for these two is 0.5 cm or 0.2 inch, not likely to  help in the decision. 

If you look at these two implants in your surgeon's office, you will see that they are really hardly different in size. And there is also an intermediate (425cc) size.

You need to discuss this with your surgeon at the preop visit. All the best. 

SIZE

+1

Karine,

50 cc is the equivalent of a shot glass and a half. It is less than you think and in my opinion is not a difference to worry about. Ask you PS for guidance.

Michael Hueneke, MD