Best Choice to Pair with Restylane for Nodules, Collegen or Juvederm?

Is it wise to combine Juvederm or Collagen with Restylane in treating a nodule? It appears that a combination of treatments can result in quick resolution of lumps.

Restylane - Best Choice to Pair with Restylane for Nodules, Collegen or Juvederm?

+1

The most appropriate treatment for nodules is hyaluronidase, which dissolve hyaluronic acid (the component of both Restylane and Juvederm).  That's assuming that the nodule is the material itself, rather than some swelling at the injection site.

I would generally prefer not to inject another filler as a sole means of trying to minimize the appearance of a nodule.  It's fine to do that eventually, but I would try to "dissolve" first.

And collagen is, to the best of my knowledge, no longer available as a treatment option.

You should, needless to say, contact your own physician to go over all of the treatment choices.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

THe real question is what is the issue.

+1

If you have lumps or irregularities from a Restylane treatment, they should be adjusted using hyaluronidase enzyme.  This enzyme can be used to selectively dissolve the filler and release water associated with the treatment.  This type of an adjustment does require experience and judgement.  One only wants to remove volume that is not helpful and leave volume that is beneficial.  There are instances where adding volume is appropriate.  Look for a very experienced injector and don't have a nurse do this type of injection.

The best way to treat lumps

+1

Greetings~

If you have a lump or nodule following injections with Restylane the best treatment is really to just dissolve it with hyaluronidase and not try to disguise it or chase it with another product/filler.  Once the nodule has been addressed you can again focus on correcting the areas you initially intended.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Restylane gives smooth results

+1

If you feel you have a nodule with another filling agent, Restylane can be used around the nodule to smoothen the area within minutes.  If you feel you have a lump from Juvederm or Restylane, that can be dissolved in 24 hours with a simple injection of hyaluronidase.  Dissolving the hyaluronic acid is the better way to reduce excess fullness.  Best to you.

Carolyn Jacob, MD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

Please inform us of where you heard of this combination as a recognized therapy for a "nodule". Dr Feldman states the treatment perfectly. 

Juvederm

+1

Juvederm can be disolved. If there is a lump, then it is better to disolve and start from the begining

Restylane Nodules

+1

The best way to deal with nodules from Restylane is to dissolve them with Hyaluronidase.  This works very well.  Then you can have your injector reinject the area at a later date perhaps going a bit deeper to avoid nodules or tyring Juvederm instead of Restylane.  Just know that unfortunately nodules can occur with any filler and depends on the skill of your injector, your skin, and the areas injected.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist