Chip on Back of Veneer What Can Be Done?

I have veneers on my top two front teeth, one of the teeth has developed a small chip on the back of it! Im presuming this is my original tooth as veneers are just on the front? What can be done without damaging the veneer? I only had them fitted 2 month ago.

+1

Porcelain veneers usually cover the entire front of the tooth and then wrap over the biting edge.

You may have had a small piece of the actual cement chip off or even a bit of excess cement chip away.

Your cosmetic dentist ought to be able to handle this very easily. He can re-bond that small area and re-polish it and make it like new again.

Let him know right away. This shouldn't damage them at all, nor have any long-term affect on the success of your veneers over time.

Denver Cosmetic Dentist

Chip on Porcelain Veneer

+1

Typically we like to wrap the incisal edge around for strength.  We never just place the porcelain veneer at the front side only. If your porcelain veneer is chipped, it may be able to be smoothed out depending on how big it is and where it is.  Otherwise, it may need replacement.  Composite can hold but would be considered a patch.  Good luck.  Dr. David Frey

David S. Frey, DDS
Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist

Bonding is usualbest for a small chip.

+1

Hi Jodie. 

If the chip is small, your dentist will probably be able to easily restore the tooth with a simple resin (tooth colored) filling.  

The sooner you see your dentist the better.  

Hope that helps. 

Dr. Alper

Steve Alper, DMD
New York Cosmetic Dentist