How Can You Ensure Your Doctor is Removing and Injecting Good Fat to Your Butt?

I am reading good fat/bad fat all over. I would not want to get all this fake fluid to make me think I got a decent butt to have it go away and be told, sometimes that happens. Seems like there is a proper way or place to remove the fat and not so much the amount. How can you make sure you are not getting bad fat?

+1

There is no such thing as good fat or bad fat.  If you have heard of people getting injected with fluid which will disappear in no time, and then be told that sometimes fat gets absorbed, this would probably be done by unqualified individuals, and unfortunately there are many in this "free market" who are engaged in deceptive advertising.  You need to make sure that your plastic surgeon is CERTIFIED BY THE AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY which is the highest authority in this field and there is no other credentialing in plastic surgery that is acceptable by the American Board of Medical Specialties.  In addition your plastic surgeon has to have a good reputation and extensive experience in the area you are interested in.

Fat Transfer Questions

+1
There is not evidence that there is good fat or bad fat from any particular area of the body. How it is harvested, handled and injected has a lot to do with it. If it is handled inappropriately at any of these stages, it can have a negative impact. If your skin envelope is too tight and too much is put in, it can have an impact. In short, there is no way to ensure this other than to do your research and consult with a reputable Plastic Surgeon with significant experience in BBL.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

How can I ensure that I am getting good fat transplanted into my buttocks?

+1

In choosing to have the BBL you need to consult with a Board Certied PS with extensive experience performing the BBL. By doing so you can have the confidence that the procedure will be performed properly. There is no such thing as good fat /bad fat. You want to inject only  fat and not fatty liquid or blood. A PS who specializes in the BBL should perform the procedure properly.Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

+1

There is not really good and bad fat.  I will say that some fibrous tissue may be removed that is not fat and there is some oil.  However, the key issue here is how much actual fat the surgeon removes.  For instance, I may remove twice as much as another surgeon and transfer twice as much.  Therefore, my results are going to be much different than that surgeon.  I do not count fluid as fat.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA