Nose Cartilage Fracture Help? (photo)

Seven months ago when I was playing basketball, a man headbutted me in my septum (full speed). I heard a crack and it hurt a lot, I was pouring out blood (first bloody nose ever), I couldn't see, and my eyes were watering. I went to a ENT doctor and got an x-ray and he said that my nose was just barely deviated. I've been occasionally alternating with heat and ice on it and it's been getting a little bit smaller. Will it fully recover without surgery? What can I do to help it? Im 16.5 years old

Appearance of the nose 7 months after trauma

+2

The appearance of you nose 7 months after the collision with another persons head will not change much at this point. If you are concerned with the way your nose looks, a rhinoplasty can change its appearance. Thanks for sharing your photos and questions. Best wishes.

Broken and crooked nose

+1

Nasal trauma can cause a variety of issues in the nose such as fractured nasal bones, fractured cartilage, and inward displacement of the upper lateral cartilages. A deviated septum can also result from a fracture of the septum on the inside of the nose. This will need to be evaluated by an experienced nasal surgeon to determine what if anything will be required to straighten the internal and external portion of the nose. Osteotomies are required to reset the nasal bones and spreader grafts are usually placed  underneath the upper lateral cartilage area that is depressed. Please see the link below for examples of how we fixed broken noses.