Is Laser Lipolysis, preferred over Liposuction in the inner thigh area?

+2
   All of the pictures on my website represent tumescent liposuction results, and I think that the surgeon is always the important factor. 

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Laser lipolysis vs liposuction in the inner thigh area

+1
Although an energy assisted liposuction, such as laser lipolysis, can assist in removing dense or fibrous fat; one does need to be careful using an energy assited liposuction in the inner thigh.  The skin of the inner thigh is very thin and has poor elasticity.  This area is more prone to problems such as skin burns or contour deformity when an energy assisted liposuction is performed.   I agree with Dr. Hughes,  the skill of the surgeon is a more important factor than the type of liposuction equipment used.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Laser lipo v.s traditional lipo

+1
In the area you specified sometimes skin laxity can be an issue. The laser offers skin tightening and fat melting along with aspiration to improve the overall result. With my patients, they seem to have less complications, bruising, swelling etc. when using the laser over traditional liposuction. Ultimately the decision is up to you.

Thank you for your question!

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

+1
I think laser lipolysis is oversold. Regular liposuction has far less complications and the result are as good if not better.
Compared to other areas, liposuction of the inner thigh needs to be done expeditiously to avoid possible contour irregularity.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS

Liposuction of inner thighs

+1
Liposuction of the inner thighs has to be done cautiously to minnimize the risk of looser skin in this very delicate region. Surgeon is more important than the machine being used.