I'm a Chinese 32 Years Old Male, 1 Month PO, If I Get More Will Face Look Slimmer?

First time I had my Botox.  According to doc, the dilution is 1bottle 100units = 4cc. Which mean 1cc = 25units. Is this dilution normal? I had 1cc each jaw, 1.5cc for forehead & frown line. I'm very happy with forehead & frown line result. Overall,do notice face look slimmer than b4. Is 1cc each side enough for men jaw? If get more cc, will my face look more slimmer? Told to come back 2mths later get half cc on each jaw again, is this normal practice? The purpose of that Is to get more slimmer face or prolong the duration?

Botox to Jawline.

+1

The dilution that your doctor uses is not that important. The number of units used is what will matter. I do not think that 4cc is a commonly used method of diluting Botox(100 units ) but if it works for the injector there is nothing wrong with doing it that way. Going back in a month or two is reasonable. 

Birmingham Dermatologist

Good dose

+1

remember the botox into the jaw must make the muscle shrink...and this takes longer than simply putting the muscle at rest as in the forehead and frown lines...to see improvement in the jaw/slimmer face will take about a month or so...and it's not uncommon to need a little bit more botox...maybe half the dose or so as a booster to get the result you want...and in the jaw, the results tend to last much longer than in the muscles or expression...good luck

Ken Landow, MD

Doctors use various dilutions.

+1

The dilution your doctor used is a common one.  Botox has its maximum clinical effect at about 3 to 4 weeks, so you are there.  Botox does nice facial slimming for the masseter muscle but remember, the muscle still has to function.  Too much weakening and then you have a problem.  Longevity is subjective.  It wears off when you no longer see an effect.  This is generally 4 to 6 months.

Botox for masseter reduction

+1

Put your hands on the side of your jaw and clench down.  If you feel your muscle (masseter) continuing to bulge a significant amount, then additional units of Botox will likely make your jawline more tapered.  If there is no muscle activity, then your muscle has been adequately treated.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Botox to slim the face

+1

25 units of botox (1 cc) into the masseter muscle on a monthly basis is very reasonable. Using larger doses of botox over a short period reduces the muscle bulk more quickly, while smaller doses over a long period of time reduces the muscle more gradually. I like to inject 20-40 botox units monthly (depending on muscle size), followed by maintenance injections every six months thereafter. I try to achieve  25% reduction in muscle mass prior to beginning maintenance. This give a pleasing contour to the jawline in most people. Since botox is temporary, repeated treatments are needed to maintain results. 

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon