Are China-made Silicone Breast Implants Good Quality?

China-made Breast Implants-No, Only USA Breast Implants for My Patients

+3

Thank you for your very important questions.

Only USA made Breast Implants have been subjected to very rigorous and ongoing evaluation by the US FDA.

Your health and safety depend on the proper manufacture of and the use of safe materials in your Breast Implants.

Remember the use of lead paint in children's toys and bacterial and hormone contamination of fish imported from China? These stories raise my concern about Chinese manufactured items for personal consumption or medical use. US FDA quality controls and safety guidelines are not enforced in China by all accounts.

Recently, PIP Breast Implants produced in France were recalled after thousands of women had problems.

I have no personal knowledge of Implants made in China, however the above factors sway my opinion.

Stick with Breast Implants made in the USA

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-breast-augmentation-breast-enlargement/

China implants

+1

Are they safe? Maybe. But why take the risk.  I don't think they are FDA approved anyway, so a surgeon in the US would not be able to use them.. Stick with Mentor or McGhan implants.

Implant Choice

+1

Please consider only U.S. FDA approved manufacturers of silicone breast implants.   Some colleagues have already suggested the problems with the European PIP implants.  Visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn more about your options.

Gray market breast implants

+1

I use only Mentor or McGhan implants in my breast augments.  These are reputable, US corporations whose implants carry warranties and are subject to FDA regulation.  Off-shore goods are of dubious quality and, although cheaper, the potential risks would outweight any financial benefits.  If you aren't already aware of the PIP scandal in France, google PIP silicone implants and take this seriously.  I would also run from the office of any physician who proposes to use Chinese implants for your surgeon.

+1

Probably about the same quality as the children's toys they export coated in lead based paint.

The major American manufacturers have a reason their products are expensive.....Quality Control and Oversite and Accountability. Now which would you rather have?

Chinese breast implants

+1

As you may have heared about the French breast Implants PIP tragic events, I would not suggest experimenting with any breast implants that are not well known or even more specific I would say FDA approved here in the US. It is your body and your health you need to worry about !!!!!!

It is not worth saving a few dollars and living the next decade concerned about the possibility of having complications from unregulated implant.

Be smart good luck

Web reference: http://www.talroudnerplasticsurgery.com/breastimplants.php

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon