Is This Acne or Hypertrophic Scarring? (photo)

The Red circle part.. I got a big pimple in that part half year ago, i think that pimple didn't clean up.. That is "Acne still Not Clean" or "Hypertrophic Scars" ? Any suggestions can remove that "Hypertrophic Part" ?? I'm asian, sorry for bad english grammar Thanks Doctors ;)

Acne Scar

+3

Hey Mr. Lin!

You definitely have a scar from your acne.  I am reluctant to call it hypertrophic and would prefer to call it a dermal scar where a deeper pimple caused inflammation and reaction to occur in the deeper layer of skin.  This will most likely continue to improve over time, as the fact it is still pink indicates there is some activity.  If you were in my office I would inject an intralesional steroid into the bump to encourage it to soften and go away.  Lasers can also be used to eliminate the redness and this effect seems to speed up scar healing.  Don't go overboard in treating this and for heavens sake don't let someone cut this out.   The surgical scar would be worse.   I don't know what medications you have access to where you live, but facial cleansers with salicylic acid would be great for your skin and Retin A would be great for the oily, coarse skin and for blackheads.  Good luck!

Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Hello

+2

The options you have for your acne scars are Laser treatment, as Profractional laser or even a mini face lift to stretch out the skin and get rid of the scars. Fillers are not long lasting results. You should look into laser. Good luck