Is Chin Surgery an Option for Me?

I am 20 years old boy, I have very bad receding chin also I have convex face if you look at me from profile . I want to know is there any way to make my chin forward for 1.5 cm and also my down lip for 2 millimeter with chin or jaw surgery like image?

Chin surgery

+1

It is impossible to tell from the pictures presented, whether chin surgery is an option for you. If your lower chin is retrusive enough (1.5 cm), indeed a small silastic chin implant can be placed through a submental incision over the anterior portion of the mandible. This would give your chin a fuller and wider projection. It will also give 3 to 4 mm of vertical height to the chin as well.

Chin surgery

+1

Chin surgery may be an option for you but it is difficult to tell from the photos that you posted.  Chin implants, and chin advancements are options for chin augmentation.

Chin Augmentation Surgery for Receding Chin

+1

Hi,

Yes, chin surgery is an excellent option for you.  Best to consult with an experienced and skilled plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Chin implant vs. chin bone surgery

+1

There is no way to answer this question from this photo alone. 

The male aesthetic norm for chin position is a chin point that touches a tangent line between the mid nasal bridge & the edge of the upper lip. For a woman the chin point looks more feminine if it is about 5mm behind this tangent line. Additionally the male chin has a squared contour while the feminine contour is more rounded. The vertical length from the nose-upper lip  junction to the chin point should be equal to the distance between the nose-upper lip junction & the upper edge of the eyebrow. Thus the required photos for assessment are bracketed to include the nose, forehead and entire chin (including the forward point of the chin).

A number of surgical procedures are available to achieve these aesthetic goals. A vertically long chin can be shortened by removing a horiontal wafer of bone. Conversely a vertically short chin can be cut horizontally & a bone or hydroxyappetite spacer placed for lengthening. Retruded chins can be cut horizontally, the chin point advanced forward & then the bone fixed in position. Squared chins can be recontoured with a burr to be rounded. Squared or round chin implants made of a variety of materials (silicone, porous polyethylene etc) can be used to advance the chin point forward &/or change chin contour from round to square or vice versa. If the front to back deficit is more than a centimeter and a half or so most surgeons would agree that cutting and advancing the bone is a better option than placing a chin implant. That is because larger implants have a greater risk of shifting position due to gravity and muscle movements. Bone cutting is also more appropriate if there is significant right left asymmetry of the chin..

If it appears that the bone deficit involves the entire jaw not just the chin it does not mean you have to have the bone cut to advance the entire jaw but it does mean the assessment prior to surgery is a bit more complex and you have to go over the options before making a decision of what to do. Part of that assessment is dental alignment. The upper incisors (2 front teeth) normally sit 2mm in front of the lower incisors with their lower edge 2mm below the the level of upper edge of the lower incisors when the mouth is closed. The more these distances differ from the 2mm norm the more advisable it is to have bone surgery rather than just implants.

Aaron Stone, MD