Could a Chin Surgery Improve the Appearance of my Long Face? (photo)

I have a long face with a small forehead and a strong jawline. I have been looking for procedures that might improve my facial proportions, and I have been wondering if a chin surgery is suitable in my case, or if I should be looking into other surgeries instead. Would this type of surgery have significant risks involved? What kind of impact could it have on my lips and my smile?

Long Face

+2

Typically long faces are a result of long upper jaw called vertical maxillary excess (VME)  I would need to see photos of you with your mouth relaxed and showing your natural tooth show at rest and also photos with full smile. You will need special xrays to work your case up to determine where the excess is causing your long face appearance. 

Middletown Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon