Chin Surgery to Improve Profile View

I have very receding chin, it is square, it is annoy me in profile view but is good in 3/4 view. is there anyway for the very receding chin surgery that do not hurt 3/4 view? so that it does not seem that I had chin surgery?

Chin Implant - Profile correction

+1

There are a certain range of results that can be achieved with Chin augmentation utilizing different sizes and shapes of implants.  Your goal is likely to be achieved with the properly selected implant, by a qualified, experienced surgeon.  The beauty of chin augmentation is, that it is reversible or can be modified if the initial result is unsatisfactory.  Of course, the only way to determine exactly what you are wanting, is to see you in person.  A qualified facial plastic surgeon or general plastic surgeon could help you.

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant to improve profile

+1

I would really need to see photos to give you the best advice. When performed properly by a highly skilled surgeon, placement of a chin implant may yield excellent results. Also, if an excellent surgeon performs your procedure, the result will be subtle, and it will not look as if you had the procedure performed. If you wish, you may send any photos to my office and I would be happy to evaluate them for you. My contact information is listed in my profile. Thank you and best of luck to you.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Profile after Chin Augmentation

+1

A chin implant is the best choice for improving your profile when a person has a receding chin.  It is not usual for someone to like their 3/4 profile and dislike their side profile when the issue is a receding chin.  You mention having a "square" chin and without seeing a picture of you from the side and 3/4 it is difficult to determine what the real problem is for you.  

The answer to your question of having chin augmentation to change the side profile and make no change to the 3/4 profile is most likely no.  A chin augmentation is one of the few surgical changes you can make without anyone looking at you and knowing that you had this procedure and at the same time making a significant difference in your appearance.  If you truly have a receding chin and decide to have a chin implant you will most likely be very pleased with the outcome from all angles.

Arnold Zweig, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon