Chin... Size 1 Vs. Size 2 For Male Looking To Keep The Procedure a Secret. (photo)

I live in a conservative place where I can tell people I had a deviated septum to get away with the rhinoplasty. But, if people knew I had a chin implant, I'd literally have to leave this town... or get it removed quickly if a close friend noticed. Has anyone every done a good size 1 on a male? I'm afraid of a size 2, and def afraid of a 3 or 4. Since no one can know about this, I really want to do the intra-oral approach even though it may be more risky.

Subtle Chin Implant Augmentation

+1

While I can appreciate your concern for privacy, I would not recommend a size 1 chin implant in a male. You would virtually see no difference in the amount of chin projection. I would recommend that you get a size 2. The chin change would still be subtle and you are talking a difference of but a few millimeters between the two sizes. The public's perception of anyone's chin size is not going to be seen to be different between a size 1 or 2 so you might as well get go for the slightly larger chin implant size.

Size one or two?

+1

I will tell you it is very rare, to the point I can't remember when I used a # 1 in a male.  I am concerned you will not even notice the change and feel the whole procedure was a waste.  In all liklihood the #2 will give you mild to moderate improvement when combined with the nose and most if not all people will be aware of it.  Discuss this with your plastic surgeon and see what his opinion is on the subject of size. 

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon