Chin Reduction

I have what I guess is an oblong face. Is there any form of tissue or bone reduction that would make my face more oval? I think it is that my chin is vertically too long, it does not protrude horizontally at all, I just want to make my face less long, what are my options? All of the chin reduction procedures seem really drastic for what I am trying to achieve, and I wouldn't want to over do it. Thanks

Doctor Answers (2)

Chin reduction will yield minimal improvement


You can achieve minimal improvement with chin reduction if the vertical height is your most concerning issue. I would be very cautious.

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 3 reviews

Chin surgery


You might want to see a facial plastic surgeon and inquire about the use of anatomical chin implants to make your face appear more oval in nature. Sometimes rounding out the pre-jowl areas will help with this problem. I hope this information helps.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 8 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.

You might also like...