Will Chin Reduction Help with Chin That Appears Long?

I have a broad chin, which doesn't bother me in and of itself. However, when I smile, the skin on the end makes my chin appear long, and it looks as if it's protruding. Is there a kind of surgery that will remove only that skin that bothers me so much, or will I have to go in for a full chin reduction (bone drilling and everything)?

Cosmetic Procedure for Long Chin

+2

Most commonly silicone chin implants are placed for weak, soft, or under projecting chins. Cosmetic chin surgery may be appropriate for patients with long or protruding chins, to reduce the jaw bone. Alternatively, if the chin appears long, broad, or protruding only on smiling, then Botox Cosmetic injections may be appropriate. Only after a comprehensive evaluation by a plastic surgeon can he/she determine the appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Prominent chin.

+2

It is unlikely that the skin would increase with smiling and therefore, I believe your problem is really due to a prominent jaw bone which may best be treated with surgery.