Chin Reduction? What Would Work Best for Mine? (photo)

My chin is kind of weird. I busted it on one side when I was a small girl, so there's a bone chip that healed a bit strange. Sticks out to the side. I have a pretty balanced, straight jawline, until you get to about where my mouth begins on either side. When I smile that part of my chin sticks out a lot, and it bugs me. There is a lot of fat in the cleft.. it sticks forward, making it look bigger than it is. I like my strong jaw. I just don't like how it sticks out. What do you guys recommend?

Chin Reduction

+1

I'm sorry, but I cannot see the chin irregularity you describe with the pictures submitted. However, a chin reduction could be done to improve the contour that you do not like. It is not uncommon to accentuate the problem with facial animation or when smiling.

Chip on your chin

+1

I cannot see exactly where the bone chip sits from your photos.  In general, however, a small irregularity of the bone of the chin or too prominent a chin can be taken down very carefully through a small incision under your chin (in a crease).  I use a diamond drill for this.  It is the same incision used for a chin implant. 

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon