Is it possible to have a chin reduction operation? (Photo)

Hello I am writing this because I feel very insecure and dissatisfied about the size of my chin. I find it to be rather large and was wondering if it is possible to get an operation to make it smaller, preferably more square like. Thank you for reading.

Chin Reduction

+1
There are a variety of chin reduction procedures that can make horizontal and vertical dimensional changes. It would be important to see pictures from both the front and the sides and do some computer imaging to see exactly the type of chin reduction changes you desire. A chin reduction can be done is such a way to make it more square if desired.

Chin appearance

+1
yes, you could modify the height and the prominence along with the contour of the chin. In the final analysis, the chin has to be viewed alongside the overall facial proportions and jawline.

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Sliding genioplasty

+1
The answer is yes. The benefit of sliding genioplasty is that you can move the chin any where you want. So in this case, it would be up. I would avoid shaving. 

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon