Will Chin Reduction Help to Feminize my Face? (photo)

I feel like I have a really long and big face with an especially long and broad chin. Will reducing the length of my chin help to feminize my face? Or will it make my nose stand out too much? What kind of surgery would be best for me?

Softening the female face

+2

A chin reduction may help improve the overall proportions of your face. However, my recommendation is to combine it with a rhinoplasty to keep the harmony between these structures.

Good luck!

Dr. A

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Chin Reduction To Soften The Facial Shape

+1

You are correct in your assumption that a chin reduction would definitely help soften your face. It would require a vertical reduction chin osteotomy with a midline split to also narrow the chin bone. The chin bone would also be brought forward slightly. Making these three-dmensional changes to your chin should make a big difference. This can be demonstrated very clearly by doing some computer imaging of the potential results. This will also show that it will make your nose look smaller and stand out less not more.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD